Himself had to go to Sydney again. True to form he arranged to be booked on an early flight which meant he had to get up at 5.00 and be out of the house by 5.30. Now I know this isn't early for some of you. Hells bells it's not been early for me. But I resent the fact that whenever he travels for work he always does the traveling on HIS time. But I digress.
He kissed me goodbye and off he went. I went back to sleep. I was in the middle of one of those disturbing dreams that can leave you quite disorientated when the phone rang. At 6.00. Once I realised that the phone ringing wasn't part of the dream I answered it silently cursing Himself for ringing me half an hour before he had a right to. He had left his suit jacket which contained his wallet, boarding pass etc draped over the back of his chair in the study. And he was almost at the airport for a 7.15 flight. After a bit of nonsensical conversation I threw some clothes on, grabbed my car keys and flew out of the front door. Only to realise that I had left the jacket still draped over the back of his chair in the study. And THEN I realised that the car keys I had grabbed didn't have a house key on them. I hobbled (sore foot, remember, worse in the mornings) around to the back of the house and banged on Three's window to get him to wake up and open the back door. At which point Himself rang me back to tell me where to meet him. I hopped through the house mumbling something to Three, grabbed the jacket and took off. I met Himself at the freeway exit, tossed the jacket to him (after checking that wallet etc was in there ... I'm not totally stupid!) and drove home. Himself made good time back to the airport but then got stuck in a traffic jam of cars trying to access the car park. He arrived at his gate just as they closed so he missed his flight after all. And had to purchase another one on his credit card. And the company had better reimburse him. And he has finally decided that these early morning flights are a thing of the past. Hallelujah.
A pretty quiet day at work but still a fair bit of walking around.
Supermarket on the way home to buy makings for macaroni cheese - special request from Three.
Came home. Started white sauce. Lumpy. Stirred and stirred. Still lumpy. Cooked pasta. Placed in oven dish. Too much pasta. Pasta on floor. Opened jar of tomato paste to add to lumpy white sauce. Spilled tomato paste all over bench top, stove top and me. Considered crying. Decided it was too much effort. Stirred lumpy, now pink sauce through pasta and topped with buttered bread crumbs. Cursed self for not making this in such a long time that I had forgotten how to do it on auto pilot.
Three came home and was so excited about macaroni cheese for dinner. I hope it lives up to his expectation.
One went to a concert on Friday with Three and a whole lot of mates. On Saturday he was in a lot of pain and said his left nut was blue but he couldn't remember getting hit or kicked in said nut which I would have thought he would remember. Anyway, we didn't see much of him over the weekend but Three informed me that he (One) was worried about his nut. I received an email from him asking for the phone number of our doctor. I spoke with him and suggested he come down to the ED at work so he could have it ultrasounded if needs be but he has made an appointment with the GP tomorrow. And now he's home and stressing about what could be wrong. Kids!!
I had plans to attack the laundry or a bathroom or the kitchen but a cold chardonnay was more appealing. And an early night.
Cold chardy and early night sounds much better than the alternative! Sleep well.
ReplyDeleteOkay, a star-crossed day like that definitely calls for Chardonnay.
ReplyDeleteI hope One is feeling better. That sounds painful, although I can't be sure because my experience with left nuts is limited.
Huh, crying over something trivial a meal that won't go right ....I've done that before. It's a sure sign of too much stress in your life. :(
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the house sale - now THAT'S stressful! Especially for the one who has to keep it clean.