Wednesday, 26 March 2008

shoes and ships and sealing wax and cabbages and kings

  • Happy Birthday, Stepson. He turns 35 today. His mother died from a melanoma nearly two years ago. He is a wonderful bloke and I've known him since he was 2. He is now a step-parent himself and a bloody good one. I wish I had been as good as he. And he has a great relationship with One, Two and Three.

  • We had our first open for inspection today. 6 lots of people came through which is pretty good for a Wednesday. The comments were very favourable. The house looked great.

  • I caught up with my parents and Dr. Teacher yesterday as Dad had to see a specialist. They are both very frail and I admire my brother for being so tolerant with them. He realises now, how much shit I have put up with over the years. I didn't mind that but it was bloody hard on my own. Is it just my parents, or do old people lie? My mother tells me one thing, my brothers another and the doctor something completely different.

  • The last two mornings I have gone for a good brisk walk followed by some ab work and some arm work. It feels good to be moving again.

  • The reason for this is that firstly, my feet are much better, but more urgently, it is obvious that the weight loss has reversed and I'm getting chubbier again. It's getting cooler and I have no clothes.

  • The new house is coming along really well. Sooo exciting.

  • Himself was due to have a cardiac stress test today but his gout has flared up which would have made walking on the treadmill excruciating. He is booked in for a chemical stress test next Monday. I think they inject something to make the heart work harder. Should be fun. Not.


Dinner is ready.

The heading for this post?

Guess! And I bet I know who will get it.

1 comment:

  1. The Walrus and the Carpenter, of course. By Lewis Carroll. One of Josh's favorite poems.

    Good for you for starting your workouts again.

    ReplyDelete