A different view of the river. The beach is behind me.The bridge carries the road and the railway line.
So. Today was GOING to be the last day of work but for a variety of reasons I am having the week off and then going back. I had hoped that I would be able to get everything done and get off early but ... no. Bugs bugs and more bugs conspired to keep me there to the bitter end! And we had some doozies.
Anyway. It's now Friday evening and I am officially on holidays for a week (11 days in total). I have ordered pizzas, consumed wine and am looking forward to the coming week. Well, most of it. I'm not looking forward to the cats being collected for the cattery. Or the new owners coming through. Or clearing out the kitchen drawers. But I am looking forward to tomorrow night's house cooling (only I'm not looking forward to being fat but it's a bit late to fix that) and I'm looking forward to sitting and reading and looking at the beach and walking along the beach for hours. And eating well. And drinking less.
Tomorrow will be busy. I need to clean the house for the evening, buy the Mermaid and Suze birthday pressies, go and look at the new place (I haven't been down for a whole week!), pick up food for tomorrow evening, buy grog and stress a lot. Sunday will be spent recovering from Saturday, more cleaning, moving and fixing up this place. Monday we will be moving into the rental. And I don't know if we will have internet access there.
So. This may be the last entry for a wee while. (Or not).
Depends on whether I get time to come here over the weekend, whether we have internet in the rental and whether I can access this from work.
It's raining. We have had glorious winter weather for days. I left work at 4.50 and at 4.55 it started to rain. And is forecast for the next 11 days. No kidding!! I just hope that it falls overnight so that I can enjoy my days off and the exterior works on the new place don't get held up. Selfish? I don't think so as long as it rains lots at night! Actually I think it will be quite pleasant sitting in the rental overlooking the beach and listening to the waves and the rain.
I'm off to have dinner and wait for the Olympics opening ceremony to begin. I'm not a great follower of sports but love the ceremonial aspects of the Games. And watching Aussies win.
OI! OI! OI!
***********************************************************************************
PS. The pizza was crap. Two crappy takeaways in two days. I think something or someone is trying to tell me something!!
OOOO I envy you ... all the moving etc... it will be my turn soon! Sadness about the crap pizza... I love pizza too! Can't say I have ever had a crap one though.
ReplyDelete