We had a fabulous evening.
Other Brother and Mrs Other made the trip especially all the way from Canberra. I was most touched. Dr Teacher and his lot were here. As were my boys and Fireman Sam and Gina. Friends of Three came over as well. And in the middle of the evening Suze and Neil from Bonbeach arrived which was the icing on the cake. It was her birthday yesterday and they had an engagement to go to so I didn't expect them at all. It was just lovely and made me realise what a good friendship we have.
The mermaid didn't make it as she had another melt down. I am very worried about her but there isn't a lot I can do to help her. She needs someone to buy the business and quickly. The sad thing is that it has the potential to be a good little earner but needs someone with some business experience (she has none) and also needs more than one person involved. It is not the business for a sole operator. She has contacted brokers but they aren't interested in small business that will sell for less than $200,000 and her ads in the papers have yielded zilch.
LGF is overseas and One is finally starting to consider a relationship with someone else. He told me yesterday that whenever there was a chance of him getting close to someone he would back away just in case he and LGF got back together. Silly boy. Even if they do get back together he needs to use this time to experience life. And to find out if she really is the one.
The kitchen and the study are all that's left to pack up. The kitchen won't take much but the study could be a challenge. Tomorrow Fireman Sam will come and help Himself move stuff out and I will see what can be tossed from the study. We will get a skip on Wednesday and turf all that's turfable, give the place a final going over and then We. Are. Out. Settlement is on Friday and if there is a hold up it won't matter as we don't need to settle on the new place at the same time. Hopefully all will go well, our mortgage will be discharged and we will be able to enjoy the rental until it's time to move into Bonbeach. In the unlikely event of Bonbeach being finished early I am thinking about letting One stay at the rental for a weekend. Specially if this new relationship develops (anything to help!)
I got all hissy and pissy yesterday (Himself insisted on doing things that I didn't think needed doing!) so One took me out to do some shopping for birthday presents for the Mermaid and Suze. We went down to Bonbeach to see the development on the new place (coming along nicely) and then I took him to see the rental. The owner was there and let us go through it and he was very impressed. It is very One. I could see him living in a place just like that. Small but not too small, modern, minimalist and right on the beach. I wish he could afford it but at least it gives him something to aspire to.
Mrs Teacher is about to drop by to pick up the telly, some glasses and some books.
I am not looking forward to this coming week but hopefully by wednesday evening it will all be over and I will be able to enjoy a few days of holiday before I go back to work.
I will try and get back here at least once before we lose the internet.
Thinking about you at this exciting time...I'll miss you when your internet goes out.
ReplyDelete