Dad has been assessed at high level care. This means that we will get extra supports at home but ultimately he will end up in a nursing home. He is unsafe to be left along for any amount of time so when Mum gets her second knee replacement Dad will have to go into a nursing home for respite. Mum is doing an amazing job of looking after him but has her own health issues and I don't know how long we can keep things going the way they are.
On Friday I head off to Adelaide to spend the weekend with a group of women from the WW message boards. I feel guilty as hell that my weight loss efforts have been shelved over the past several months (OK - most of the year) but at least they are all like minded women and I'm sure I'll get a boost of determination. Himself will drive over on the Sunday and we'll spend the next week pottering around parts of South Australia. I'm looking forward to the break but this week will involve quite a bit of organisation to make sure things are in place for the parents whilst I'm away. Dr Teacher does his stuff and I do mine so I need to make sure I've told him all the things that he needs to keep an eye on for me.
We went out last night for Fireman Sam's 40th birthday. It was a good night.
I managed to choke on a piece of raw carrot and this morning my back is killing me. I can only assume that I jarred something or pulled something.
Himself is cooking me brunch so I am going to go and chill for the rest of the day.
Hope the day went well with the relaxing and all. Raw carrot can be a bit of a bugger hey! Stupid carrot. :D
ReplyDeleteOh PS. Don't forget to tell us what the Adelaide trip was like.
ReplyDeleteAnd I've not made any desserts because.... well, I've run out of ingredients and inspiration.
Course, now that the Elder and her chap are visiting, I'm not game. They might not last till I get home. :)