Yesterday Tom seemed unwell.
Today he deteriorated rapidly.
We took him to the emergency vet. He had heart, lung and liver problems.
He was admitted and put in an oxygen cage, given antibiotics and monitored.
At 5.00pm there was little change. At least his fever had reduced but his heart and breathing rates were way above normal.
At 9.00pm Himself went back to the vet. I couldn't. I had said goodbye and bawled for most of the afternoon. I feel so guilty.
Himself took Tom out of the cage and held him. Tom purred and wrapped his paws around Himself's fingers. The vet gave Tom his last injection and Himself held him and apologised as Tom gently died.
Every morning I woke to Tom purring and wrapping his paws around my fingers and every night I would go to sleep with Tom purring and kneading my head. When he was a kitten he would purr, knead and suckle my throat!
He had a good life. He was loved. Neighbours called him the friendliest cat in the universe.
It's blowing a gale right now and for a fleeting moment I can pretend he's hiding in a corner in the cupboard under the stairs. Only tomorrow when the wind dies down, he won't be here.
Miss you, Tom boy..
I'm sorry. He will always be in your heart.
ReplyDeleteBeen thinking of you today :(
ReplyDeleteTake care of you xx
xxx
ReplyDeleteChick....yes Muppet has been moving fairly normally... well she was on sunday night.
ReplyDeleteLacy's tummy is VERY SMALL.. so I am a bit worried.
Time will tell.
I'm just hoping she has not got a partial seperation of the placenta... which could explain the bleeding and cramping last week.
*sigh*
Wish I could stop worrying, but it's just too hard not to.