Last week I was able to upload a picture and now I can't. Not that I had anything new to show you other than another cute kitten pic but that's not the point!
Himself is still not working. This is playing havoc with his mental state. He fluctuates between being grumpy as hell and apologising for being a failure.
Last Sunday was our 35th wedding anniversary. We didn't do anything special. I think the fact that he's been out of work for over 6 months as we're still married is pretty special!!!
Dad is walking less and less. As much out of choice than lack of ability, I think. It has been getting very difficult and dangerous to take him out with just his walker as he likes to sit on it and be pushed and that's not what it's designed for. Mum spoke to the physio and they chose a foldable, light wheelchair for him which should be delivered tomorrow. Dad, of course, wanted the electric one with a V8 and chrome trim!! I can understand that at 93+, post stroke and a bit on the lazy side that it would be very tempting for him not to have to walk anywhere but as long as he can put one foot in front of the other for any distance then he will be made to do so!
I am slowly getting the place sorted so I can start sewing again. I am aware that I need to do lots of things around the place, like tidying the wardrobe, cleaning out the fridge, paperwork for us AND the parents *shudder* ... but I must allow myself to do something I enjoy without having the house perfect. I have dug out a cross-stitch that I started a few years ago with the plan to make it into a bag for a close friend for Christmas. It is so satisfying to be stitching again, especially with a kitten or two on my lap. BUT ... kitten/s, moving needle + thread = chaos!
Speaking of getting the place sorted, we dug out a mirror from our previous homes that was buried in the cupboard under the stairs. It is now hanging above the sideboard (YES ... I will take a photo but can't guarantee the damn thing will upload) and OMG the drama to get it up there!!!! It weighs about 20 kgs. I always put things on walls or in garden beds or on benches by using my EYES! If it looks right it IS right. Himself, however, relies on spirit levels, tape measures, bad language and a patient wife. Nuff said ... but the mirror does look great.
Nothing like a tidy living area to make every seem calm and attainable.
Congrats on your 35th! That's a great milestone. Our is 28 this year. ... I think.
ReplyDeleteAh kittens. I think mine has decided he's a kitten again. He's suddenly taken up playing.
Yes, a pic of the hanging mirror would be good. :)