Not sure what I'm doing but I'm sure it will all work itself out!
Let's see if I can post a photo ...
I can!
Sorry if you've seen it before.
It's been a quiet week. Himself and I went to see the parents and clean out the fish tank. Mum does tend to reinvent history. Especially the last 18 months or so. Anyone would think she lived an idyllic life, cooked gourmet meals and socialised with all and sundry. The truth is she wasn't eating, drank heaps, didn't get dressed unless she had a medical appointment and saw a neighbour once a week when said neighbour would drop in.
Today she said that if she moved back to low care she would have a menu from which to choose meals. I told her that she wouldn't cos she wouldn't eat anything from the menus. She said that she would have fish if it was on the menu and I had to tell her that that is what she gets. And if the menu doesn't have a vego option the kitchen creates a meal just for her. Then she said that DAD would like to choose. Dad will eat anything. Loves his tucker and doesn't really care.
I fully understand how hard it must be for her and how she must feel that she no longer has control but she forgets (or never admitted in the first place) that the way they were living was downright dangerous. If she chose to starve/drink herself to death then that was her choice but Dad didn't have a say in it and he was also being starved, poor bugger.
It occurred to me this week that the majority of my friendships have been formed directly from, or as a spinoff from, the internet. At the end of that thought conversation (what, don't you have thought conversations .... sounds better than "talking to myself") I looked at how much change my father has seen, experienced and embraced since his birth in 1918. If it wasn't for that damned stroke he would still be learning and thinking and working out how to make things better.
Think I need to go and hug a kitten.

Awwww.... perhaps you can find someone in your home who needs a hug!
ReplyDeleteHey... I found Paracode AND codeine in my medicine box... can I take both together?
Like 2 Paracode and 1 codeine?
If it stops me coughing at night it will be a godsend!
I took them both ... and still coughed a bit, but not as much.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tip.
It's good to have a kitty to hug. If the Teen ever takes hers back (Jerome belongs to her) I will be totally devastated.
ReplyDeleteThought conversations. Yes, I like that. I do that all the time. So many changes in your dad's lifetime. Our turn is coming. It seems odd to think we've lived through the turn of the century and thought nothing much of it. :)
I have missed your musings :)
ReplyDelete