I have been knitting Himself a jumper. I purchased the yarn during lockdown and it wasn't exactly the colour I had hoped it would be. It was quite pink, and while Himself doesn't have a problem wearing pink, this particular shade was not really flattering. I had nearly finished the body, had made several small mistakes and just wasn't really feeling it.
This morning at around 5 one of the dogs was scratching at the door. Himself got up and the next thing I heard was "What is THIS?? BAD dogs". Oh shite, I thought and got up to see what had happened. Someone had decided that the knitting in my bag was rather nice and had dragged the knitting bag to the back door, removed the knitting and had eaten the wooden needles. Fortunately the bag was unharmed as I am rather fond of it. Himself was rather surprised I wasn't angry but deep down I was quite thrilled. Now I had a good reason to buy a colour I prefer and knit with more concentration and fewer mistakes. Hooray - a trip to Little Woolie Makes in Hastings. Best yarn shop in the world.
I put a call out and T came with me. I bought yarn I am happy with. Had a drool over all the beautiful new yarn they have in stock and got some cotton to crochet face scrubbies for the daughters in law. They work up really quickly and are a great way to wash your face/remove your makeup without using those indestructible 'disposable' wipes.
T and I then went and had lunch. My shout to pay/thank her for making a doll for me to give Alice for Christmas. I just don't have time.
Home to spend a couple of hours weaving and I now have 3 more runners to take to L'arte tomorrow. Tonight I will cast on jumper v.2.
It looks as if Boxing Day lunch will be here. Himself doesn't appear overly thrilled but too bad. I just have to do all the prep myself and not get stressed. I am thinking we will do everything (bar the wine) from Aldi. And keep my fingers crossed people can behave like adults!
Craft group tomorrow.
Now it's wine o'clock.
Aldi wine can be quite good but I understand why you would not serve it to guests.
ReplyDeleteAndrew, 6 of one wines from Aldi are very quaffable. I had a look at their range today and I think the wine will be from Aldi, too! Brother is a bit of a wine snob but even he drinks Aldi wine.
DeleteA sensible outcome for your knitting woes. So nice to have time with a good friend. Hope the Boxing Day lunch works out. I'm doing Christmas but hope it will be the last and daughter can take over.
ReplyDeleteChris, as long as the children play nicely all will be well. The children are 72 and 63!
DeleteI’ll have to check out the wool shop in Hastings
ReplyDeleteIt’s always nicer to make something in a colour you like
Angela, it is a dangerous place for your bank balance! I never leave without buying something!
DeleteThere are some lovely cafes down there, too.