Sunday, 5 December 2021

Weekend

I couldn't get up the energy to post yesterday. It was a lovely day with craft group, a sleeping Alice, steak for dinner and a really nice red wine.

Today I am planning to do another 2 runners after swearing I wouldn't but I will make them simple. Hells bells, I might even do 3.

Himself is pottering in the garage whilst watching Bathurst (super car racing for those non-australian/nz).

I have a loaf of bread proving and pizza dough in the fridge for dinner.

Below I will post the before and after shots of the driveway. As much for Chris who has had a shocking time with tradespeople lately. What has happened to customer service?


This was after they had dug up original patterned concrete driveway and were laying the crushed rock.




Getting ready to lay the brick edging. This took a good 2 days.





The completed drive. Neat and tidy.




It's a loooong driveway!



The path. They didn't bother ripping the old one up. Just laid bricks and poured the asphalt. Thank goodness it's not a slipping hazard any more.


So there you have it. We love it and whilst it wasn't cheap, it was less than we feared. The company is local and the owner is a lovely young bloke. The care they took was refreshing.

Right. Off to get the bread in the oven and start weaving. I should probably change out of my jammies but it is Sunday!


11 comments:

  1. Gosh your driveway and path are gorgeous. I love the brick edging, gives it a whole different look. LOVE IT. Wish my asphalt looked as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A job well done - quite an improvement! And now onto the next project I expect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The next one is the big one. THE KITCHEN!! So excited but it won't be done til end of March. I can wait. I can drool!

      Delete
  3. Hey chick, does your asphalt have dirt ingrained into it? Does it have discolourations at all? Are there loose stones? Are the edges neat or ragged? Are there any little holes in places?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No dirt ingrained. No holes. No loose stone. The edges are as neat as the surface they are next to - so the council footpath isn't perfect so neither is that boundary but the asphalt is even. Otherwise it is immaculate.

      Delete
  4. Asphalt with brick edging is just perfect. What a great job. I see grass is already beginning to grow over the path edging. Very natural.

    Most tradespeople we have dealt with in the last decade or two are just so professional, unlike days of old. The seem to take more pride in their work. It was very different when my father was a builder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew, the lawn has been mowed since I took that photo!
      I find if we use locals they are fantastic. Randoms can be hit and miss. We love the look of the driveway. It's timeless.

      Delete
  5. The driveway looks amazing.
    Hopefully it lasts you years

    ReplyDelete