Thursday, 2 December 2021

Friends

I caught up with T and K for brunch today. We are different in ages (65, 56, 41) and circumstances but we all share mental health challenges, a love of craft and a wicked sense of humour. K has a lot of issues at the moment and is being taken advantage of by so many people including her family. It upsets me when lovely people are treated like this. I hope our 3 hours of nattering helped her.

I then went to the $2 shop and got some Christmas crap for my front garden to add to the elf and next year's diary (the diary isn't going in the front garden). I do like a paper diary as it enables me to check things that happened ages ago. I should start culling them I guess. Maybe I will get a yearly planner thingy and write all the important things in one place. I don't really need to know when I had coffee with a friend but health things and animal things and stuff like that are important and my memory ain't what it used to be.

Himself has gone to the supermarket. We need vanilla ice cream. I told him to get the vanilla bean ice cream from Aldi. He asked which one. I told him to decide how poor he felt when he was there! He'd better get the expensive one - it's a whole $2 more but much nicer. Aldi lasagne again - his choice - with salad for dinner and fruit and ice cream for dessert. My virgin wine box arrived yesterday so we have some very nice reds to choose from. If the change doesn't come through soon I might have to have a beer as well. I don't dislike beer but it has to be one I like and only one; more than that and I start to feel uncomfortable. I don't understand how people can down so many in one sitting. Wine - now that's another story!

The rains are coming....



6 comments:

  1. I am not really a beer drinker now but I remember once you get about four beers, they start going down very easily. The storms yesterday and today have been disappointing here. Must try vanilla bean ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never got to four! The cool change came through so I didn't need the beer. The storm was lovely. Rain and thunder but not much wind.

      Delete
  2. You and your friends are like me and my tennis buddies - we range in age from mid-60's to almost 80 but have that one thing in common that unites us, our love of the game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be the youngest - not any more! But a shared love of anything melts away the years.

      Delete
  3. Lovely you could have brunch with friends. Ages in the group I go to lunch with also have a range in age, me being the eldest.
    I know what you mean about the diary, I keep one and write down everything that happens during a day. Cannot count the numbers of times it needs to be referred to, these days. Memory not as good as it was.
    Stay dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing the things we took for granted BC. I love going through and transferring birthdays and things into the new diary and getting reminders of things that happened the past year. Not that this year will have much in it!

      Delete