Monday, 30 May 2022

A slow Monday

And it's been delightful.

Three rang to ask if we could take some cold and flu medicine round to Amy who was too crook to get out of bed. I asked if he wanted us to take Sally to school but she was staying home to look after her mum. This is the kid who wasn't going to have the whole day off on Friday for the wedding as her mum didn't want her to miss half a day of school. I am biting my tongue very hard. Himself went to the chemist and dropped the drugs off. They made a world of difference and she was able to get out of bed. I remember when I had three littlies and was sick - I had to soldier on regardless. But mine is the generation that has our heads shoved so far up our arses that we have no idea how tough the current lot have it.

Anyway - enough of my griping. My slow Monday was the result of a conscious decision to just slow down. I find I do things at a great rate and feel I am always in rush. Even simple things. So I had a slow breakfast and did a bit of a tidy around. I baked a batch of biscuits - slowly. And dinner is bubbling away on the stove. I even tackled my daily puzzles slowly.

I pulled out my trusty k-mart citrus juicer and made a tangy juice for us both. We need our vitamin C at this time of year. Three oranges and two lemons and two limes. It certainly woke us up!  When I first plugged it in I blew a fuse. Himself was about to go and get another one and then thought to check the power point with another appliance. Whoops. It was the power point not the juicer. It's no big deal as we have plenty in the kitchen but the sparky will come and fix it when he can.

Winter is well and truly on its way.


The speckled effect under the Bight is a swathe of freezing cold air. 


7 comments:

  1. Looking out my window here in Kilsyth I think winter has actually arrived. Freezing cold - wet - yuk!
    I remember the ‘sick mumma- just get on with it’ days - we have never lived anywhere near relatives (apart from our children) the whole time we’ve been married so there was never anyone to call on.
    It seems a bit unfair to put the little girl in harm’s way by maybe infecting her so she’ll have to miss more school

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just going over today’s comments - asking here in case you don’t see over there……are you allowed ‘holiday time’ off from job hunting in that Centrelink scheme. I know you like to be around to help out with the family but maybe (if there are no cash restraints) even four weeks on the road would give you a chance to see what’s out there

      Delete
    2. Sally would already have been exposed. To be honest I think having her home gives Sally a much needed break and she helped with Alice. They all seem better now. As for Centrelink, I think travel within Australia is fine but I am on an exemption at the moment so don't have to apply for jobs. I plan on getting Himself to plan a trip once we can lock in the dog sitter.

      Delete
  2. Yes, well may you bite your tongue and I guess I would too, but you don't forget.

    Slow is good. It comes so naturally to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need to get Himself to learn slow. It's completely foreign to him.

      Delete
  3. Easing into the week sounds just my style. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes life so much more pleasant. I plan to do more of it.

      Delete