Sunday, 29 May 2022

Sunday

Himself got the hard rubbish out for collection. Some dude stopped and asked if he could have the microwave as he uses the magnets for fishing. I didn't know microwaves had magnets let alone they were used for fishing.

I baked.

Himself said if I baked rolls he would do hamburgers for dinner. I used the brioche mix.

 


He's buying the bread rolls! They don't even smell right.

I thought I'd brush the white loaf with water and sprinkle sesame seeds.


At least it smells good!

I remember my mother saying one should never bake if feeling unwell. My chest infection appears to have flared up again so that is my excuse for today.

A cold wintery blast is heading our way. We are in for a wet windy week with temps not getting above the low teens. My kind of weather! 

9 comments:

  1. We once had a service company out many years ago to fix our microwave. He said the magnetron is buggered, not worth fixing. So I guessed there was some kind of magnet in the microwave. At least part of your old microwave is going to be recycled.

    Great for you to find a reason not to cook.

    I bet the weather is not as bad as forecast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are probably right re the weather. They always build my excitement then let me down badly. Unless it's heat. They never get the heat wrong.

      Delete
  2. Could be if what we're having at the moment gets to Melbourne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall keep my fingers crossed, Barbara. Are you in Adelaide?

      Delete
  3. Sounds like comfortable weather - I am already complaining about the heat even though it's not nearly summer! Going up to 30C tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have a dry heat or a humid one? I can cope better with dry but even so, above 30C gets challenging.

      Delete
  4. My body can already feel it before it’s even hit
    I’ve got plenty of wood in the house and the slow cooker on
    I’ll be ok.
    Hope your chest infection gets better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much as I love the cold, wet weather I hope it doesn't cause you too much grief. Enjoy the wood fire and slow cooker.

      Delete
  5. Funny that! My Gran used to say exactly the same! Never bake when you feel off colour. She also used to say or when you have your period! Which I ignored of course just a bit too Victorian for me! Hope you are feeling better. Take care. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete