Tuesday, 31 May 2022

Last day of Autumn

After a slow start to Autumn Winter has come knocking hard and fast.

I caught up with J and C for a trip to Hastings and Little Woolies. I showed great restraint and bought a pattern for a jacket. I will frog the cardigan I started and will buy one more ball of yarn for the jacket. In the past I would have bought another lot of yarn but I am determined to work through what I have. C bought some yarn to teach herself how to knit socks. That is on my agenda but not just yet.

We then went to a new cafe and had a lovely lunch and a good natter wherein we solved the problems of the world. If only the powers that be would listen to a bunch of middle to older aged women!

It is a decent size space and the owner is happy for us to bring our craft and sit for a bit We wouldn't do it if they were super busy but 6 lunches and a few coffees is better than empty tables.

I came home to the fire going and a toasty warm house. 

We have some salad that needs using so even though it is anything but salad weather we will have a bbq chook and salad for dinner tonight. I shall have red wine. Himself is off the grog at the moment.

Last night was the first fire of the season. 

If you look closely you will see a little mini-cat. Maxi was curled up on a chair elsewhere.




12 comments:

  1. Yes, if only 'some' middle aged and older women were in charge...
    You've driven Himself to give up drinking???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does this every so often. I wish I had his commitment but I think I would murder someone.

      Delete
  2. You got the weather we got yesterday. And yes I am in South Australia. Blame us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we first came to Melbourne we were told to keep an eye on Adelaide's weather as we would get it a couple of days later. You seem to bear the brunt of it though.

      Delete
  3. We are currently in an early season heat wave, but rain is coming tomorrow to cool us down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can keep your heatwave! Enjoy the cool break.

      Delete
  4. Oh yes - yesterday was a cold one. Our fire was on most of the day and I do miss the sight of a cat sprawled out in front of it enjoying the heat (and stopping anyone who wants to stand in front of it)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our cats are still really kittens and watching them work out the fire was so funny.

      Delete
  5. I didn't realize Australia got that cold. We finally have spring, to be followed closely by summer in a few weeks. My favorite part of autumn is putting socks back on my feet. It always feels so nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the north of the country it is tropical. I am down south where we have distinct seasons. It doesn't get cold like it does where you are but it's still a pleasant change from the summer heat. The nearby ranges get snow from time to time.

      Delete
  6. Oh we have had our fire going for weeks. But today it’s roaring
    I see all the best spots have been claimed
    I’m trying to be good and not buy any yarn, but ……
    I can’t walk past a sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have other forms of heating so the fire is more of a treat. I have too much yarn to justify buying any more right now. But none of it suits whatever project I have in mind!

      Delete