- It was another warm day
- We went to the shops. On a Sunday. 3 weeks before Christmas
- We are officially crazy
- I bought the ingredients for my boiled fruit cake but will do it tomorrow. see point #1
- We bought a decent bread knife. Himself likes to "save" money so bought a cheap piece of shit from Coles that shredded the bread.
- I found the last two crumpet rings in the shop
- We came home and played scrabble
- I am now going to water the garden as it's a tad cooler
- The barometer is dropping and I feel like crap.
- See you tomorrow.
"In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on" - Robert Frost
Sunday, 4 December 2022
Dot point Sunday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good that the barometer is dropping. The temperature certainly is not. There you go, I have switched within a week to complaining about the heat, rather than the cold. Although I don't cook, I used to make a mean boiled fruit cake for sale in R's shop. I couldn't keep up with the supply. I refused to make a boiled fruit cake every night. I'm sure your local shops are a nightmare, as they are here. What poverty in Australia? If you see Santa at Karingal or Southland, mention us in St Kilda Road to Ex Sis in Law's husband. His beard is real, bleached for the last month or so to make it white.
ReplyDeleteI will keep an eye out for Santa at Karingal. No way in hell am I going to Southland!
Delete"Hello Santa, are you married to someone who used to be married to someone who has relatives who live in St Kilda Rd? May I tug your beard to be sure?"
R had a shop? Tell us more. And share your recipe for boiled fruit cake!
I don't think I have written about R's shop. I should. My recipe was a simple one from PMWU? cook book I think. I don't think I put booze in it. There is another blog post idea.
DeleteA cheap knife is NEVER a bargain unless all one plans to do with it is to cut limes into quarters or open plastic packaging. And that is all I have to say about THAT.
ReplyDeleteBut some never listen! We have some beautiful Global knives that I bought him for a present decades ago. They are still lovely to use. I could have bought a Global bread knife but even I baulked at $200 for a knife!
DeleteYou need good knives. I've had mine for years, I took them in the divorce:)
ReplyDeleteAs long as you didn't use them in the divorce....!!
DeleteIt was so hot yesterday and today. Well it’s not.
ReplyDeleteNo wonder we are all in so much pain I’ve been practicing knitting socks
Well done on the socks. Today has been very damp.
Delete