Tuesday, 13 December 2022

Murphy and Max

This is how they play. It looks dangerous but if you look at the last photo you can tell who is the boss! And Max generally instigates it.







J and C had our Christmas lunch today. We went to a lovely little cafe/restaurant called Waves. It is right on the beach and sea was rough and grey today. It was very busy and loud but we had a lovely meal and have vowed to go back when it isn't the silly season. 

I have been there in the past and had great food but the most recent time was less than brilliant. I think they had changed hands and it appears they have changed hands again. Or found their feet. 

I will suggest to Himself that we eat there. It will make a change from a "cheese and salad sandwich with mayo on dark rye with a ginger beer" that is his go to when we go to the local cafe.

Two police officers were killed in Queensland today while doing a welfare check on someone who had been reported as missing. It was a set up. They were ambushed. This is a horrible tragedy but on the positive side - it is a very rare occurrence here. Our gun laws might be ridiculed by other countries but shooting crimes like this are almost unheard of. I am grateful to live in such a safe country.
 

14 comments:

  1. Oh noo...Praying for the Officer's families!
    These are sad times, indeed.
    Love the furrbabies...
    hughugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reasons are still coming out. It seems the brother was a conspiracy nutter and hated police.

      Delete
  2. I hope they get to the bottom of it…..quickly. Sad when a neighbour went out of their way to see ‘what’s going on’ and gets killed as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nutcases it appears. Very sad. but thankfully very rare.

      Delete
  3. Glad you got to enjoy a nice lunch out. Yes, you and HImself should definitely go there for a meal together.
    So sad about those officers. You are lucky to live in a country where such things are so rare. Sadly, here, gun violence has become hardly worth mentioning, it is so common.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here, it is front page news for several days. Thank goodness.

      Delete
  4. I read about what happened. Two young police officers dead because somebody believes in a bunch of lies and conspiracy theories. What a waste of so many lives. Be thankful your country does have strict gun laws, they help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, Pixie. Nutcases can still wreak havoc but they are thin on the ground. The dangerous ones, at least!

      Delete
  5. Love the play fighting between fur siblings. It’s cute until one, usually Trixie, goes a tad too far with excitement and then it’s hiss and run away to jump up high and away from over excited dogs
    I’ve heard good things about waves. And the one time I’ve been there the food was lovely. But like you it was very noisey and I’d prefer a quieter place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to go in the off season and hopefully it will be quieter. They had sound dampening panels on the ceiling but people still talk very loudly.

      Delete
  6. Waves! Brings back memories. Gosh, it must have been there for well over twenty years...longer maybe. I endorse what you wrote about the horrible Queensland tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely different these days. A more Asian slant but still lovely albeit noisy. I miss the boathouse. That was a great restaurant.

      Delete