Monday, 6 February 2023

How embarrassment!

Thank you for your words of support on yesterday's post.

I got up this morning and baked a batch of pfeffernusse to take up to Two. They were his favourite Christmas biscuits as a kid. While I was doing that Himself took himself off for an echo-cardiogram. Tomorrow he has a stress test and next Thursday he sees the cardiologist. Nothing serious - just a routine follow up.

When I was doing my trial pack yesterday I realised I needed some new knickers. The last lot I bought were cheap and fitted really badly. Some were more uncomfortable than others. Think slide up your bum and hide in the crack uncomfortable.

I had a shower and decided to wear the worst pair of knickers as I was going to toss them (why not get one more wear?) and I also put on my least effective bra as I was saving my better ones for the trip.

After lunch we went to Karingal. I bought everything that I needed from Big W and realised that one of the reasons I was apprehensive about the drive north was the fact that my back, neck and shoulders have been sore and played up badly after just a two hour drive each way to see Dr Teacher.

"I'll get a massage" I said to Himself.

So I popped into the local Chinese massage place (Aussies will know what I am talking about) and asked for a neck and shoulder massage and explained I was driving to Sydney in the next day or so.

The delightful young Chinese bloke asked me to take my top off and lie down on the table. 
"Oh bother", I thought. Not a good bra.

He then proceeded to press up and down my spine, neck, buttocks and legs eliciting squeals of pain with every touch. Tried to turn my head with limited results.

"Very bad - not good driving to Sydney".

"Do what you can", I said.

And he did.

He undid the bra. Not unusual when you are getting a decent back massage. He then pulled the waistband of my leggings down. Again, not unusual when they want to get to your lower back.

He then proceeded to REMOVE the leggings which, again, isn't unusual for a proper full back massage but THE KNICKERS! Those damned knickers that were sitting happily halfway up my bum and had buried themselves in my intergluteal cleft. 

Misbehaving knickers notwithstanding, I had a brilliant massage. He found every sore spot and worked it out. He used hot rocks and did some cupping. Although I am feeling battered and bruised I am sure I will have a far more comfortable drive.

I have booked to see him in a fortnight. 

I will wear a pair of my new knickers.



22 comments:

  1. Oh my I laughed so much at this.
    This is why I got to my masseuse. She’s seen me at my largest and at my thinnest and everything in between. And I always know I’m going to the appointment so I’ve always got my good undies and bra on
    The Ouchie massages are the best. Not while your having them but after a day or so you feel the benefits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still sore but feeling looser. See, you where your good undies to a massage!

      Delete
  2. I expect body workers have seen everything! Once my primary physician teased me in the sweetest way about my cute floral underwear! I said well there's a limited audience these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! That's so funny. I expect massage therapists see a lot of dubious undergarments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never leave a bra on to get a massage. Any excuse to take a bra off is good enough for me!
    I hope that the massage did the trick and that you will manage the drive with less pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't going to walk through the shopping centre braless!

      Delete
  5. Too funny. The only thing I leave on for my massages are my socks, I always have cold feet, except when they're burning hot.

    At least you got a good massage and have booked another one. Massage is the one thing that I do for myself and I go every month now. My massage therapist always finds the tight muscles, really all of them are tight, some are just more painful than others:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised how sore I was. Definitely a do often thing from now on. I used to have them regularly then life got in the way.

      Delete
  6. Oh no, so embarrassing! I only wear one type of undies... they are kind of boy leg in that they don't go up your bum! Jockey woman Parisienne classic full brief—the most comfortable undies I have ever had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall keep a look out for those, Lynda. I like a boy leg. Who in there right mind would wear high cut?

      Delete
  7. Sparkling , My Mums rule was don't go out without wearing good knickers bras and shoes! She used to tell the story about her knickers falling down on Burwood Station in Sydney to reinforce🤣 her wisdom .I always wondered if her knicker story was true..

    Your preparations for your forthcoming trip are epic……..Don’t forget to buy petrol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had elastic failure in the past so your mum's story is most likely true. The husband will fill up before I leave (he hunts down cheapest fuel) and I have my fuel stops planned.

      Delete
  8. I just found out there are men's sheds in Canada and Edmonton. I'm so happy about this, you've no idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are an amazing concept. Hopefully someone will use them.

      Delete
  9. I've often wondered how much women disrobe for a massage. Now I know. Do you prefer a male or female masseur? Like you didn't, I always make sure I am wearing a very new pair of underwear for a massage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knickers are usually left on. I don't mind the gender as long as they know what they are doing. This chap was the best I've had in one of those chains.

      Delete
  10. Regular massages are a bit out of my budget and I don't have any underwear that is less than 3 years old so it's maybe just as well I
    can't afford them (the massages, not the underwear!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can get them quite cheaply here and some of it can be covered with private health insurance. Regardless, they do help keep me in less pain. I have learned my lesson. I will never wear dodgy undies again.

      Delete
  11. Oh, those naughty knickers, LOL! I hope the massage helps you enjoy your upcoming trip and long drive. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete