This was our 'meh' afternoon tea yesterday. I had what was claimed to be the best hot chocolate in Victoria and it was waaaaay too sweet. I added the remains of the whipped cream from the gluten free scones and it was marginally better. At least it looks good!
Here are our raffle tickets. You can buy 30 numbers for $5 or 90 for $10. They start selling at 4.00ish and draw at 6.15. There were over 15,000 numbers!
I snapped this fine fellow. You can see how windy it was by the ripples on the lake which is often mirror smooth.
One day I will get a pelican!
I came home and spent the afternoon doing something I have been meaning to do for ever. Clean up my kindle using the Amazon site. I have tried to do it on the actual gadget but just end up in a mess. I had nearly 600 titles on my account so went through and deleted most of them and found a few books that I haven't read but which were on a previous device so moved them across to my current one.
I have joined a book club that has just been started. It was started by the woman who created the knit and natter group which I have also joined but haven't been to a meeting yet as it is on a Wednesday in direct competition with the coffee group I go to - not by accident! They have started a group on Mondays at the library so if my social anxiety is behaving I might pop in tomorrow afternoon. I am trying very hard to not get involved with the politics of local groups. I just want to meet people of like minds.
I often take videos when we walk and sent them to Three. I can only upload from youtube here (unless there is some trick I don't know and am open to being educated!). Those who share things on their blogs with youtube, how do you do it? Is it easy? I am looking at you, in particular, Steve.
Tomorrow I am hoping Himself will go to the Shed for a catch up and I will to the library for knitting.
Watch this space!



A day to not focus on the new house or somewhere to rent will probably be good for your mental health. It would be for mine, at least.
ReplyDeleteIt always helps to take a step back from things.
DeleteYes. When things are not working out, it is probably time to take a break from trying to make them!
ReplyDeletePelicans are so prehistoric-looking close-up. I love them. But they are hard to get a picture of.
We have so many here. I need to work out the camera with the fancy lens as my phone just doesn't do it.
DeleteIt's a balancing act to be in groups and not get drawn into the politics! Lots of luck, but good for you for trying. I hope the knitting group is a pleasant chat and knit experience, not a takedown of whoever's not there.
ReplyDeleteA good idea to take a break from worrying about housing.
It is always a challenge and I have been bitten before so will play dumb!
DeleteWhy are hot chocolates made so sweet? I never order them for this reason. I'd be useless at a book club because I'm now so slow at reading. I blame the internet for my shorter concentration span.
ReplyDeleteI used to be a member of a book club in Bonbeach and it was lovely. This will be interesting as we are all meant to read the same book borrowed from the library. Being a small library I doubt they will have that many copies of any one book!
Delete