I really think that a whole week is too much for a nearly 7 year old and it wasn't helped with the promised Daddy Daughter time not eventuating because we had a two year old. A cantankerous, obnoxious, LOUD, demanding, non sleeping two year old. Who, fortunately for her, happens to be very cute so most is forgiven.
On Wednesday night we had a bit of a melt down that was fixed with cuddles and chocolate biscuits.
On Thursday we played mini-golf, had doughnuts and went to the book and game shop where a game was purchased.

Three arrived late on Thursday night with small child in tow. At least she went to bed without too much resistance.
On Friday Three and Sally played ... you guessed it ... mini golf. This time they went to a different one. I walked Alice around in her pram and returned the game from yesterday as it was faulty. We replaced it. Himself joined us and we all had doughnuts. Home for a little while then Three and I took the girls to the beach. There was much squealing and giggling as we let the waves rush over our feet. No photos as I was firmly hanging on to hands!
Afterwards Sally decided to perform something or other to the ocean ...
... while Alice tried to channel her inner Canute and tell the waves to go away.
Ice cream for all. This was Alice's first proper icecream and she did a bloody good job. She knew how to lick the creamy goodness right the down to the end when she used her fingers to scrape out the last bit. No eating a waffle cone for her. Sally had hers in a cup and huddled behind the wall to shelter from the somewhat brisk breeze.
Alice was a real demon to put to bed on Friday night but Three managed and we had pizza and wine to celebrate his birthday. And some mother son heart to heart which has almost broken this mother as I had no idea how bad things are for him - I don't want to say too much as I try to keep this fairly anonymous but I have no idea who reads. I suggested some couples counselling and reassured I am always here.
Yesterday they got up and headed home.
We went for a walk.
It is the second week of the school holidays in Vic and the first in NSW so the place is getting very, very busy. This coming weekend is a long weekend in both states so even more reason for tourists to flock here.
Tomorrow we have an appointment to go through the contract and sign it. We received a copy THIS AFTERNOON in preparation. A bit of time would be nice. Anyway Himself is reading through it and I will do the same when I have finished chatting to you. We won't be signing tomorrow, they haven't rectified mistakes we have already pointed out.
In other housing news, we have found another rental. Nowhere near as nice as this but it is the best on offer. It is nearly 50 years old and 2 storey but the living is upstairs with the main bedroom which is what we had in Bonbeach. It will mean the downstairs will be just for guests and the laundry (unless I want a bath). The two bedrooms downstairs are quite roomy so we may put our desks in them. It was offered furnished but we don't want it all so on Tuesday we are going to have another look to pick what we are happy to live with and they can store the rest. We are trying to avoid taking as much of our stuff up the stairs as possible!
It has a decent sized garden with raised vege beds and lemon trees. It has obviously been a much loved home - not just an investment. I feel someone has either died or gone into care as it is still full of personal bits and pieces. I will enjoy being able to do some gardening and might even get fit enough to walk into town.
The view from the balcony is stunning.
It is nice to have free rein on my computer again! Sally loves playing little games and I don't mind but my blog reading has been sadly curtailed. I have tried to catch up where I can but commenting has been lacking. I apologise.
Now to pour a large glass of wine and try to get my head around the legalese that is a building contract!






You've had a lot to contend with. So hard to see your son unhappy, too. I hope he can improve his situation one way or another. And good wishes for the house contract.
ReplyDeleteAll my boys dump on me and then feel better!! I wouldn't have it any other way but it does make for a few stressful days after the dumping.
DeleteI'm so sorry Merlot. Watching your kids dealing with stress and unhappiness is painful.
ReplyDeleteI just want to put a band-aid on the hurt and kiss it better. Oh, for those easier days.
DeleteAs the old saying goes, a mother is only as happy as her unhappiest child. Or something like that. We never do stop worrying, do we? I've been going through a bit of this with one of my children who has way too much on her plate right now. I want to make it all better for her!
ReplyDeleteVery glad to hear that you've found a rental. At least that much is off your mind.
You were very good to let Sally stay the whole week and to help care for Alice. Time for a bit of a break!
I am sorry you are going through similar. It's our job to make things better and it gets harder as they get older and the problems get more complicated.
DeleteThe next few weeks will be busy but then, hopefully, I can relax and enjoy the new rental.
I'm not sure a large glass of wine and contract-signing go together, but I trust you know what you're doing. At any rate, you DESERVE it! :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on having found a rental. What a relief! And that view looks amazing. I can't wait until you can post some of your own photos of it.
I wondered if anyone would notice the watermark! I am looking forward to spending many hours looking at that view.
DeleteThe contract signing is this afternoon. It's the reading that needs to be done and I got through the first few pages and called it quits.
It's so hard when you see your kids going through stuff. My daughter and her husband have certainly had their moments and all we can do is hope they always manage to come together again. I've seen my son go through tough times too... it's always difficult and you never stop being a parent. That view (from the new rental?) is amazing!
ReplyDeleteIt is a lovely view. The house itself is quite tired but that's ok. It's only for a year.
DeleteWe never stop worrying about our kids.
Marriage counselling won’t save the sons marriage if money issues and a spendthrift are part of the equation.The older child should be over the tantrum stage by now and the younger one is obviously not developing good habits at an early age
ReplyDeleteIf you remember to put your name I am happy to reply to you.
DeleteOh my goodness- that’s a strange looking peephole take my photo board. Not sure what it’s meant to represent, but different just the same.
ReplyDeleteAs others have said, mothers don’t like their children to be sad in any way so here’s hoping for better times for all of you
Take care
Cathy
The venue is pirate related so I am assuming it something on the high seas. The venue is also very old so it is probably quite not politically correct.
DeleteI’m so sorry your son is going through a tough time.
ReplyDeleteIt breaks your heart as a parent because you can’t fix their boo boos
Although just being there is wonderful.
Enjoy the wine, you have earned it
I know you understand. xx
DeleteYes, agree it is hard when our children are not happy, the little girls are gorgeous....I think that comment from anonymous was rather harsh....people throw tantrums until they are 100! and it doesn't matter....I know I was a nurse...lol...Peta.
ReplyDeleteIf Anonymous can't write their name then their comment is worthless. But I know what you mean about tantrum throwing! And to set the record straight, I said she had a melt down, not a tantrum!
DeleteI could try for sympathy with the non-sleeping child, but I never had one of those so don't really know how that feels. I would have thought the outing would have tired her enough to sleep. Glad you had a heart-to-heart with the son, sounds like he needs it.
ReplyDeleteAnyway... I hope the mistakes get rectified and the contract is soon signed so building can begin.
Stay tuned ...
Delete