I didn't post yesterday. I really didn't have much to say but here are some photos from our walk.
The dogs just love it when the tide is out enough for us to walk on this particular stretch of beach. They chase each other into the water and race around the sand.
I would be happy with either form of transport ...
Sunning himself on the side of a boat.
And this is today's walk. The restaurant is really good. A bit pricey but they have great special days like chilli crabs on the full moon during crab season. We haven't managed to get there yet and I will be away for this month's full moon but hoping I can get to October or November.
This was the view from our table at brunch.
We had a look at a possible rental. It used to be the home of a local druggie who is now, according to our next door neighbour, a guest of His Majesty. The new owner has given it a bit of a lick and a promise and it would be OK. We would certainly be happy to move into the new house when it is built! I am waiting to hear back from the agent about a couple of things but it could be the one. The owner is building a portfolio of investment properties so is not going to sell it out from underneath us and, according to the agent, wants his tenants to be happy to would be quick to address any issues we may have. There is a garden that has been neglected so I could have a bit of fun playing with that, too. We are looking at another house tomorrow which has been described as cosy so I doubt we will go for that one - we need our space from one another and the quirky house we saw today would certainly allow for that.
I found out why some people use the term "unalive" rather than dead. Apparently it is to get around the algorithms social media platforms use that censor certain words and to avoid triggering people. I really don't get this whole nanny culture. It is bloody obvious what you are saying.





I'm a bit fed up with the nanny culture myself. We simply cannot molly-coddle everyone all the time. Growing up means adjusting to the world as it is and "they" won't do that if we are constantly protecting their fragile egos.
ReplyDeleteI'd be very happy having lunch with a view like that.
We seem to be "bleeping" out more words than ever!
DeleteI am quite impressed by the views you have found.
ReplyDeleteJesus effing Christ. Our lives are controlled by algorithms. Even though my siblings have fallen for Mother passing, I refuse and I will continue to say she died, which is exactly what she did. She didn't pass to anywhere aside from an incinerator. I suppose she is unalive but what a silly expression.
Cosy is a very loaded word. I don't think you want cosy.
Cormorant with its wings outstretched? We see them at Albert Park lake.
I don't think Western society copes with death very well. It's as if it always comes as a surprise. If we don't talk about it, it might not happen to us!
DeleteCosy is not looking good.
Cozy is realtor speak for cramped and tiny!
ReplyDeleteHer words were "It is small but it is cosy!"
DeleteFor whatever reason, I sort of like the word "unalive". To me it no more pussy-foots around than "died." You should hear some of the ways people around here convey that someone has died. "Passed," is a favorite one. "Transitioned," another. "Gone to be in the arms of her lord," yet another. Ugh. So "unalive" is okay by me. We all use more gentile words and phrases to describe uncomfortable things. Like being a "guest of His Majesty". Which I find hysterical.
ReplyDeleteI really hope you find your new temp home soon!
Whatever makes people feel comfortable I guess. Like all the euphemisms for going to the toilet.
DeleteGood luck. 8 hope you get the perfect rental.
ReplyDeleteBut I really hope your in your new home sooner rather than later
Now the weather is starting to get better. I’m sure you’ll be able to do so much more outside. And a garden that needs bringing back to glory would keep you busy until you can play in your own
I am hoping for a garden but it won't be this one. We decided against it.
DeleteIf someone is going to be triggered by the word "dead" then I think they need to get out more.
ReplyDeleteI love Norfolk Island pines.
I hope the house works out. Sounds like it might be a colorful place to live. Wonder if there's a stash in the walls?
Hmmm...did my comment go to spam??
ReplyDeleteYes, it did. Sorry. I do agree with you.
Delete