Saturday, 16 September 2023

Busy

I have a busy week ahead.

As I write Three and his lot are heading this way. I have no idea when they will arrive at this point as they were meant to leave after Sally's dance class but she fell off the monkey bars at school yesterday and sprained her wrist so they might ditch dance and head down earlier. I am waiting to hear from them.

Yesterday was Alice's 2nd birthday. I found the moist adorable irritating doll which randomly blows you a kiss and giggles - which is exactly what Alice does. I am glad they are returning home WITH DOLL AND CHILD tomorrow!

We will try and cram as much as we can in the next 24 hours and the weather is glorious so I see some beach time and walks.

I have activities planned for Sally including a clay spoon making workshop which coincides with my hair appointment on Tuesday. Hopefully this will mean that Himself can amuse her for a couple of hours on Wednesday so I can go to coffee group.

We have decided against the house we saw on Thursday as well as the cosy house we saw yesterday which was really hard to judge as the current tenant is still there and a bit of a hoarder. It also meant I wasn't able to check out the condition of the cupboards which is a bit of a deal breaker for me. We have decided that we won't panic and take anything and we will not take less than we want. Unless of course we get down to the pointy end and will happily live anywhere if it is only for a few weeks.

So, on that note, I need to jump in the shower and then wrap the giggling doll and another one that will be more for her to actually play with. I can't wait to see them all.

I might be a bit scarce this week.

16 comments:

  1. I would love to see Alice's reaction to the doll! I can understand your glee that the doll will leave with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She didn't react as I would have thought but then she might not see it as anything unsual!

      Delete
  2. Have a great family time. I guess she is a bit young yet but Alice will in future be disappointed she can't stay too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When she is old enough she will stay. She needs to be toilet trained, talking and know how to behave. So, what? 10 years?

      Delete
  3. I think I would prefer giggles and kisses from a real child instead of a doll. Too bad about the houses, but something will turn up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that a good time is had by all and that there will be so many giggles and kisses from real humans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your time with the grandies
    Try to not get too exhausted

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, you're right not to panic about the housing. You can wait until you find something you want. Enjoy the family visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep worrying about having to break a lease. It's not the end of the world.

      Delete
  7. It does sound busy. I won't panic if you don't get in here for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to pop in every couple of days. At the moment the family are in town and Himself and I have escaped home.

      Delete
  8. The Stalker
    Buy a big shed put on the back of the block connect to electric water and sewer and live in till house is completed.
    Might put the cat among the pigeons..aka authorities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shire would have pink kittens if we did that!

      Delete