Monday, 18 September 2023

Catch up photos from the weekend.

Nothing better than watching a 2 year old unwrap a birthday present. She opened the card, Sally tried to read it to her but she tossed it to one side. There were better things awaiting!












Things that make us happy ...


Himself has a dicky shoulder and suggested we get one of those vibrating massage heating thingies. We did. It was a great success on Saturday night. I even ended up buying one for Three and Amy as they loved it so much. It arrived today - I do like Amazon Prime (not necessarily a popular opinion but hey, free quick delivery).



What does one have for breakfast on one's first morning in Lakes Entrance? Correct. Doughnuts. This was Amy's. It was called a unicorn and had marshmallow in the middle with gold leaf.






The Happy Tatt in progress.



Dessert last night was icecream  with two TimTams. I think she was happy.





And then she settled down to watch a bit of telly before bed. With her constant companions.


 

Today was another lovely day and I have more photos to share but I will wait until tomorrow.

For those who didn't use Dr Google FOOSH is Fall On OutStretched Hand. Very common in young kids.

And a backslab is a half cast where the plaster is placed in such a way to support the injury over only half the circumference of the limb  and held in place with a bandage. It is way more comfortable than a full cast and just as effective where complete immobilisation isn't essential.

12 comments:

  1. A lovely post with some really sweet photos. Thanks for the word explanations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Young people make the world a better place, don't they?

      Delete
  2. Happy babies! Darling girls. I love the picture of Sally with her dog friends. I know she must feel so safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the dogs surround Sally. And the younger tearing into her present. This was a very good post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the clarification on FOOSH! Love the dog pics, and of course the kid pics too. That donut looks HUGE but maybe it's just the angle of the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I’ve caught up. Was wondering what happened to the wrist
    It’s not only young children who foosh. Luckily I haven’t Brocken any bones as yet!
    Those donut’s look very temping. I think I’ll add it to the bucket list of things to do in lakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You cannot come here and not have a Big Bear doughnut!

      Delete
  6. The doughnut looks enormous! Sounds like a great weekend all round.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't see a big reaction to the new doll. I think the doughnut was more popular. The backslab is aptly named.

    ReplyDelete