Tuesday, 5 September 2023

Chilly day

After yesterday's glorious weather it started to pour with rain overnight and we woke to a cold, grey, windy day.

Last week (post called "Grumpy") I mentioned the illegal discharge of the storm water from the property behind us.

You can see it in the middle of the grass here ...


And this is a close up ...

It looks a bit dodgy to me!!

Anyway, Himself went into Bairnsdale to talk to council about it and it turns out it shouldn't be there and they will get someone to go and have a look. The neighbour is prickly and I am sure she will work out where the complaint came from but, if challenged, we will say that we went to council about putting in some drainage on our property to divert the outflow and they took it from there.

We then took the dogs across the bridge to have a look at the seat that has been completed with landscaping and it looks great. I think there will be a plaque explaining the story of Borun and Tuk. (Have a look around that link, there is some fascinating information).



I love this work. The pelican and the duck and the canoe. 


We walked over the sand dune to the beach and the dogs had a run in the sand. It was windy and the sand was soft. Not ideal for walking.

This is the view of the footbridge from the beach side. The beach is behind me. There was rain in those clouds and we got back to the car just in time.


Dinner last night was lovely. The Central Hotel is definitely a bit nicer - probably because there aren't any pokies or TAB. You do see a cross section of society wherever you go in Lakes. I made a bit of an effort as it was a birthday dinner but I could have gone in a tracksuit and runners!

Tomorrow the photographer is coming to take the snaps for the real estate listing and I believe the sign will go out the front. I have written to our letting agent asking if he could see if he can find another rental for us.

On Thursday Dr and Mrs Teacher are coming for lunch. We will get fish and chips. What else would you have in Lakes Entrance?

11 comments:

  1. Yes, that inadequate and illegal stormwater discharge needs to be dealt with.
    The seat is very nice. Sometimes councils get things right.
    So you've found the classy pub. Enjoy it in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except, Andrew, this wasn't council. This and other installations are being done by the local Aboriginal Land and Waters Corporation. Council will maintain but the planning, design and installation is down to others.
      And yes, we have found the classy pub. Metung pub is even nicer but a bit far for a quick bite.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're taking action about that stormwater. It could be a real problem for the new house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It mainly affects our land but could cause issues for others. I hope it can all get solved amicably.

      Delete
  3. I especially love the wood-work on the Borun and Tuk bench. Truly lovely. What a terrific park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is going to be magnificent when it's all finished.

      Delete
  4. The weather certainly did an about face.
    Cold, wet and very windy down here.
    I stayed inside under my blanket lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And this morning it is blue skies and sunshine. Spring, I guess.

      Delete
  5. I love that seat. I hope the neighbour does the right thing about the runoff.

    ReplyDelete