Monday, 25 September 2023

TA-DAA

We are just home after .... SIGNING THE CONTRACT!!

Four hours of reading and explaining and taking notes and we are now into the next phase.

I will receive an invoice for the deposit once our insurance note is written and then the builder has 30 days to get the building permit and then 21 days to commence the build. All going well we should see action by the end of November. Things slow down over Christmas but we are forecast a hot dry summer (not good from a bushfire perspective) so things should move along. We aren't too fussed as we have the new rental until 15th October, next year.

Thank you everyone for your supportive and understanding comments regarding Three. 

Just a note going forward, if someone comments without a name I will not be responding and will probably delete. If you have something to say, have the courage to own it.

Speaking of Three, he has been given a promotion at work. It came out of the blue and he is over the moon. Just what he needs right now. And as for his other issues? It's his life and he manages it as he sees fit. Doesn't mean I don't worry and that is why I talk about it here. Some things need an outlet.

Tomorrow we go to have a look at the new rental. I will try to get a photo from the balcony, Steve!

Things are looking up. Busy but up!

24 comments:

  1. Now to charge up the bike’s battery - get out and feel the wind in your hair! Did you ever get that long soak in the bath??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No soaks as yet. And the bike is still in the garage! Everything will be on hold until we move then I can well and truly settle down.

      Delete
  2. Well, these are some very good pieces of news. Signing the contract and Three's promotion. Maybe you can breathe easier for at least a little while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday was a good day. My focus is now on getting packed up and moved then I will be breathing much more easily!

      Delete
  3. It sounds good all around just now. Three really needed that boost, great timing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news all round. Looking forward to hearing about the new building. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be a couple of months of paperwork in the background before they start to build but that ball has really started rolling.

      Delete
  5. Excellent! Can't wait for the photo! :)

    Congrats on signing the contract. After all this uncertainty it's good to have things coming together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I think back 6 months and we hadn't even made the final decision to move, I realise what a lot we have achieved.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on signing the contract and to 3 for the promotion. I hear you on kids and worrying. Doesn't matter that they are all adults, as long as we care about them we worry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true, Erin. I have to keep reminding myself that they ARE grown up!

      Delete
  7. So happy for you both - things are really looking up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The time since you moved seems to have gone so quickly but perhaps not for you. Anyway, great news on signing the contract.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy, Andrew. In some respects it seems like a blink of an eye and yet I feel as if I been living here for months and months (it's not even been three months!)

      Delete
  9. Oh yeahhhhhh. Another box ticked off.
    It sucks you have to do another move before the final move. But who knows it might end up being much better for you. Time will tell.
    Have a celebration drink and I’ll have one for you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on signing the contract! I can't wait to see your beautiful new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither can I! I have forgotten so many things we chose in our colour and electrical consultation.

      Delete
  11. Woo-Hoo! Let the excitement begin! or intensify. Whatever. Will you share photos of the build as it progresses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is the Pope Catholic? Does Raggedy Ann have cotton boobs?

      Delete