Wednesday, 20 September 2023

The holiday continues

These are all out of order but I cannot be bothered fixing it as Himself has gone to collect Sally from a movie afternoon and I have a few minutes of blessed peace!

This was last night after dinner and a bath. Eating a banana and watching the block.




Today we took Jinx to the vet. He finally took an actual swab for culture and sensitivity. We shall see if anything grows.

After that Himself took the dogs for a run on the block and Sally and I went to a playground. On the way there we stopped off at the main lookout. A stunning day if a bit windy.




The child will be the death of me. First thing she said was "can I play on the monkey bars"


This was Monday ...

Squeals of delight as she ran in and out of the water.



                                                   



Post tumble with grazed knee and Sunday's tattoo.



The 18th hole at mini golf.



Some quiet time in the library



You may remember that Three was going to come down on Thursday for some time with just Sally and us. Amy has put the kybosh on that. She cracked it that he gets a break but she doesn't. So he is bringing Alice with him. I am beyond furious at her selfishness. All the things we had planned and were looking forward to will have to wait until another time as they are not things you can take a two year old along to.

Oh well. Maybe one day in the future he will be able to come away for a much needed and deserved wee break. He is, after all, the one who gets up in the night when Alice cries, gets the girls sorted in the morning so Amy can have an extra few minutes in bed, does all the supermarket shopping and cooking. I could go on but I will just get even more upset. I know there was a time when men did sweet bugger all around the house but it seems that mums these days expect their partners to do it all. Or is it just my kids and The Mermaid's kids?

Sally is now home after a lovely afternoon watching a movie at the library. She has an activity book from the library so I will go and sit with her. She is a lovely kid but so needy of attention and affection. 
 

13 comments:

  1. The best laid plans.... It does seem rather unfair to Three. Nevertheless, I'm sure you'll make the best of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will work out well as Sally is missing her dad and sister.

      Delete
  2. It’s best to just not say anything I think
    But I do agree the pendulum has swung too far the other way nowadays

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may have an unusual situation there with Three and his wife. From what I read, women still do the bulk of house and child care, even while working.
    Sally is so darling. Look at her sweet little knee. I can absolutely remember always having skinned knees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always swore I was not going to raise incompetent, lazy men. Maybe I did too good a job!

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful landscape -- the color of that water! It reminds me of the Florida keys. Ideally, you'd think Amy and Three would be splitting the child care duties more or less evenly, but maybe that's not always possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am learning a lot from Sally. Out of the mouths of babes and all that!
      The water here is stunning. Always changing and even beautiful when it's grey and stormy

      Delete
  5. He does all that and has a regular job as well? He certainly deserves a break. Perhaps sally is so needing of your attention because she doesn't get the same from her mother?
    The cloud patterns are beautiful and seeing Sally with her feet in what must be chilly water made me shiver. I like her little tattoo, will it last long or wash off within a week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she is desperate for approval and affection. She gets both from her parents but I feel something is not quite right.
      She would have gone in the water completely if it wasn't for her cast! The tattoo will slowly wash over over a couple of weeks. It was applied with an airbrush.

      Delete
  6. Sally and Alice are gorgeous girls...I can see they look like their father...like you said you will make the best of the time...at least your son can have a bit of a break with you two there to help...Peta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both partners need to share, child minding and housework. Nobody benefits when it's unbalanced.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning skies! You have definitely picked a beautiful area in which to relocate.

    ReplyDelete