Wednesday, 6 September 2023

Two steps forward one step back - or is it the other way

We were up and at it this morning making sure the place was spic and span for the photographer. She did comment on how well it presented.

I then went to coffee group and while I was there Himself rang to say we had been granted our building permit.

The run off from the properties (yes there is more than one we now know) is not illegal as there is nothing to say they have to connect to an official point of discharge - or something. I don't speak council technical. One of the properties has been subdivided and is yet to be built on so we are checking to see if there will be an obligation when they do build. As for the one that started all this, there are paths to go down and the dude (who has been more than helpful) will be in touch with Himself soon. In the meantime we will go ahead with the agi pipes.

We found a perfect rental for us just around the corner from the build. I am in the process of applying for it but am not holding my breath as the agent said she has others interested and the on-line application is a nightmare. Our current property manager has not replied to my email of yesterday or a phone call from today but DID manage to send me an email informing me of a routine inspection on 28/9 which is the day I am going to Melbourne. Attached to the email was a check list of things we have to do before the inspection. No wonder they give you so much notice!

So I am thrilled with the granting of the permit but really anxious about the rental situation. 


10 comments:

  1. Your headline kind of says it all. Does the new rental ask if your have pets/dogs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to put it in your application but they can't deny on those grounds.

      Delete
  2. Well, congratulations on getting that hard thing done!
    I would not want to have to move either. Pain in the butt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not helping the stress levels, that's for sure.

      Delete
  3. I can see why the rental is a source of stress. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's getting worse as landlords are selling investment properties.

      Delete
  4. I read "granted our building permit" and flung my arms in the air with a loud "Yay!" and scared the bejeezus out of Lola. She'll get over it. I hope you get that rental.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo. Permit granted. Congratulations
    I will cross all fingers and toes for you to get the rental.
    You really don’t need the extra stress.

    ReplyDelete