Other Brother and Fave Sis in Law came down to Lakes for a visit.
Himself had to go to Melbourne for surgery. I was actually quite pleased to have OB and FSIL to myself. OB and Himself have some history and although I am sure they would behave I still get anxious.
We had a cup of tea and a salted caramel tart (from Aldi - they are to die for and I intend to buy every box I can find) and then went for a drive. I showed them the block and we went for a wander across the footbridge. We were heading to the pub to book for dinner when I asked if they liked seafood. I thought they didn't. It is Dr Teacher who isn't fond. So I said we should go to Soda Fish.
I booked for 7 and we came back here for a G&T and a natter.
Dinner was great. They aren't cheap but their food is so good. OB started with chargrilled octopus (which I will have next time after having a taste of his) and FSIL and I shared a plate of greens and goats cheese. We all had fish and chip as a main. Today's was flathead and they were so fresh and beautifully cooked. We were too full for desserts and they had to get back to Metung where they are staying and I didn't want them driving unknown roads in the pitch dark.
Tomorrow they will come here around 10am. OB will take himself and his camera off for a good look around and FSIL and I will have doughnuts and coffee and walk around Lakes. We will then meet up at the Metung pub for lunch.
Jinx is on the mend. We did wake up to a bit of blood around the place. She lies on the tiles and I am guessing the wound has been oozing. Not unexpected.
She is weeing and her tail has been wagging so they are both really good signs. I gave them stewing steak for dinner and they ate the lot. I need to explain to Himself that what he is giving them is not what they like.
I gave her time out of the cone of shame but she had a sneaky lick so back on it went.
A glorious sunset tonight. I might share a photo OB took tomorrow if I remember.
That sounds like a great day all around. I did get a bit confused over who got the stewing steak!
ReplyDeleteIs Himself okay? Did I miss something?
ReplyDeleteGlad you're having a nice visit.
This may be completely ridiculous but after learning so much about how incredibly smart and curious octopi are, I doubt I'll ever eat another. Which only makes me a bigger hypocrite than I already am.
Sounds like a very good day. Especially the seafood yummy
ReplyDeleteGlad jinx is on the mend.
So nice to have family you get along with visit. It sounds like a really good day.
ReplyDeleteI looked at those Aldi tarts yesterday and I was tempted. I settled for English peanut brittle instead. It's good that you are having a nice time with Bro and Sis in Law, and good about Jinx.
ReplyDeleteFish and Chips and Jinx on the mend. Definitely a good day.
ReplyDelete"A sneaky lick" -- LOL!
ReplyDelete