Saturday, 2 December 2023

And it's STILL raining.

After yesterday's glimmer of hope the rain has returned. At this stage it is forecast to end around lunch time tomorrow which is a real shame as the monthly foreshore market is on in the morning. It is the last before Christmas so I imagine the stall holders woule be hoping for a good turn out. The wet weather also stops the weekend tourists.

We drove into Bairnsdale as Himself wanted some tshirts from Kmart. For $8 they are really well made of good quality cotton that washes up beautifully. Explain, then, why women's tshirts are $12, lose their shape and are made of flimsy cotton. I bought some men's and will see how they fit.

We then came back to Lakes and went to the supermarket to get some steaks for dinner. We still haven't become used to the specialist shops (butcher, chemist and the like) closing at 1.00 on Saturday for the weekend! We were spoiled in the city where nearly everything is open 7 days a week.

When we came home I worked some more on the intarsia crochet. Yes, every single one of those balls of yarn are in use! This is the wrong side.


When we bought the steaks for dinner it wasn't raining that heavily.

By the time we got home the rain had really set in and the wind had sprung up. 


Needless to say, the steaks were not cooked on the barbie!

Regardless, it was a lovely meal with baby asparagus and potato gems. Later on we will have fresh mango, strawberries and raspberries. Himself will have ice cream and I will have greek yoghurt.

A perfect summer meal. If only it felt like summer!!

9 comments:

  1. Looks like a British summer. I hope it gets more seasonal soon. So that's your current crochet caper, very ambitious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to do it sitting at the table so I don't get too tangled. It is fun to do.

      Delete
  2. It's pouring rain here again too. Gloomy, wet, but somehow I'm never sorry that it's raining. The dry times are when I feel unbalanced.
    Your dinner does sound so very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between you me and the gatepost I much prefer wet miserable weather as long as I get a blast of sunshine now and again. Say that in public and you get carted off in the padded wagon.

      Delete
  3. It’s finally stopped here. Hopefully it stays away long enough to dry out the paddocks.
    The crochet looks great. I was looking at how to crochet a few graphs I found. And I think this may just be the way to go. So yeahhh great timing. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can email you this pattern if you like. It has graphs, line by line and other ways of following so you can follow what you know and then read the graph as well.

      Delete
  4. Definitely a bit gloomy for the start of summer. Hope things brighten up soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We name our seasons by the calendar rather than the weather so it really is still late spring.

      Delete
  5. Damn that rain! Steak always seems to taste better when barbecued. Still, any steak is better than none. Your crochet is going well.

    ReplyDelete