Monday, 18 December 2023

Granny for the win!!



You may remember that Alice will be having surgery early in the new year for insertion of grommets and removal of adenoids. 

Over the weekend Sally was facetiming with me and Alice wanted in on the act. She kept touching her ear. I asked her why. "Ear sore, granny". Three had a look (they get a bit of eczema behind them now and again) and couldn't see anything. He tried for another look later and had his hand pushed away with a definite SORE and NO!

A doctor's visit this evening showed infection in both ears. Hopefully they will have resolved before surgery date. And also that the surgery will fix these infections.

This Granny is a bit chuffed she was able to identify a problem nearly 300 miles away! Gotta love the interwebs.

Himself and Jinx are healing well. The cone of shame is being used less which is good because I need it for Himself as he keeps touching his eye.


Himself was driving back from the block and found a surfboard in the middle of the road. It seems to have fallen off or out of a car. The cop shop was closed so he brought it home and I have posted on one of the local facebook groups to see if anyone claims it. They will have to describe it to me first. If no one reaches out we will take it to the cop shop when they are open. He was considering taking it down and leaving it on the side of the road but that is no guarantee the rightful owner will take possession. 

Apparently the prawn season has started early as a result of the recent floods so I will send Himself down to the fishing co-op to see if they have some.

I am counting down the days til Christmas is over.

14 comments:

  1. He could start a new fashion in that cone!! I have seen worse on catwalks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop it. Enjoy Christmas. If I can pretend to, so can you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice of Himself to pose for us.
    Yes. Christmas will be over soon and won't we be merry?
    Glad that sweet little Alice's ears are being treated. Good for you, Granny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was worried they wouldn't be able to operate if she had an infection in them.
      Merry indeed come next Tuesday!

      Delete
  4. So telehealth does work! Good for Grammy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Great photo of Himself in the cone! I suppose there's a chance the owner of the board will already have called the cops to report it missing. Maybe when you bring it in they'll know whose it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We grannies know a thing or two.
    Love the use of the “cone of shame “
    I wish you all speedy recovery and good luck to the little princess. Yes the grommets will definitely help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping for a big change in her sleeping patterns.

      Delete
  7. Perhaps a pirate patch instead of the cone of shame? Yum, prawns. Garlic prawns, barbecued prawns, cold-in-a-salad prawns. Ooh! prawns on a pizza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prawns would have to be my favourite sea food. But they must be fresh.

      Delete