Tuesday, 26 December 2023

Grey

These photos are not photoshopped. 

It is very grey and wet and I feel for the tourists. You can see carnival ferris wheel in the process of being erected. That was interesting to watch. 


This was just before the thunderstorms hit. Still grey!!


The Mermaid is coming down on Thursday. The weather forecast is brighter. 

I find this period between Christmas and New Year an interesting time of introspection, reflection and anticipation.  



13 comments:

  1. Yuck weather in Camberwell although we did manage to get to the botanic gardens in Cranbourne this morning. We're going home tomorrow. Probably yuck weather there as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those gardens are lovely. Just around the corner from a couple of my kids.

      Delete
  2. It's been pretty yuck here too.
    I guess that the construction of a Ferris Wheel is not recommended during storms.
    I think a lot of cultures have beliefs about the days at the end of the yearly calendar. They are sort of "dead" days, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wheel wasn't going up during the thunder and lightning bits!
      I suppose we all have a need to sweep things clean and start afresh.

      Delete
  3. I like to remember our calendar year is only one. Jewish New Year and Lunar New Year are different. Then there are fiscal years, all different. A lot of northern hemisphere people feel September as a new year because of school calendars. Our personal birthday starts our own year.
    So I guess we can choose which to observe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all different yet all have some ritual or celebration. Even if it is just getting your taxes done! I like Chinese New Year. That is a glorious celebration.

      Delete
  4. That's about how it looks here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had grey and very rainy weather yesterday. The camp flooded and I felt for everyone in tents. Today is looking much brighter and everyone is out in their boats fishing... bring on the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a lot of people camping in tents and caravans. I feel sorry for those who have large families.

      Delete
  6. It’s just as grey and miserable here too.
    Hubby has gone down to the farm to see if there is any damage and just how wet it is.
    Me I stayed home In bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Angela, if you had gone with him I could have met you for coffee.

      Delete
  7. It does look very dull weather for a carnival. I love Ferris Wheels but wouldn't like to be on one in a storm.

    ReplyDelete