Himself took Jinx to the vet this morning. I stayed home with Murphy.
Around midday I got a call from the vet. Jinx was suffering from a potentially severe (ie fatal) cardiac arrhythmia. She assured me they were doing everything they could and were consulting with a canine cardiologist from Melbourne.
Many tears were shed.
An hour or so later she rang again. Jinx was more stable and the cardiologist was hopeful it was related to the anaesthetic and surgery but we need to keep an eye on her.
We were able to bring her home (she is better here with us as they don't have overnight staff at the vet clinic) and I have to take her back on Wednesday.
She is very sore and very dopey.
We are hoping it was just a transient event. Wednesday's ECG (EKG in the states) will tell us.
In the mean time I have a very sad and sorry pup.

It started to get drizzly as the day wore on.
Then the sea mist started to come up.
I reckon in an hour or so I won't be able to see the balcony railings.


How scary! Poor Jinx! I certainly hope this was a transient event. Keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteShe is still very subdued.
DeleteHi how horrible for you, hopefully all good by tomorrow...I hate scares like that with our pets...Take care Peta
ReplyDeleteI wish I could explain to her what is going on. She just looks at me with her big brown eyes.
DeleteI'm sorry to hear of Jinx' problems. You are doing your best for her. It was a very strange weather day here too, with a loud and extended clap of thunder last night, downpours in some suburbs and almost nothing here. It has been misty with 100% humidity.
ReplyDeletePoor Jinx. A wonky heart and a sore bottom. Sounds awful.
ReplyDeleteI think the sore bottom is her main concern at the moment. I haven't told her about her heart. No need to worry her!!
DeleteOh dear. Poor jinx. I hope she gets past this okay.
ReplyDeleteAs do we all, Liz.
DeleteI bet you that it was a result of the anesthesia. Poor baby. Poor you! Not fair that an itchy bottom could lead to that.
ReplyDeleteI can already see an improvement in the vulva. Hopefully it will all be worth it.
DeleteStalker
ReplyDeleteHope Jinx is on the mend, as you say best at home ♥️🙏
She is being spoilt. I wish I could wave a magic wand for her. Or at least explain that she will feel better soon.
DeleteHopefully the worst is over. Weird weather. I thought I had heard you were having a heat wave.
ReplyDeletePoor sweet Jinx❤️ I know it’s hard for the three of you and the other animals.
ReplyDeleteTake care. Sending love and hope for good health. Carol Reed AtlantaGa
oh no! no no no! I hope Jinx is going to be well again, damn, I'm crying!
ReplyDeletePENGUIN . How’s Jinx.?
ReplyDelete