Tuesday, 12 December 2023

Jinx

I'd show you a photo of Jinx's surgical site but you might be eating.

She finally had a wee around midnight last night but hasn't since. I rang the vet this afternoon and she wasn't too worried as Jinx isn't drinking much so her bladder won't be overfull. She (the dog, not the vet) is happy to have her meds in cold meat slices and ice cream (spoon fed) so is still interested in food.

I think she is very sore and still recovering from a long procedure under a general anaesthetic. 

I have done very little today other than supervise the dogs.

Himself drove up to Melbourne for his pre-op appointment for his eyelid surgery on Friday. He then caught up with an old friend for coffee and got home around 6pm.

I have chosen to do nothing relating to Christmas this year. To the point that I am developing an understanding of how those who don't celebrate anything this time of year must feel.


10 comments:

  1. I hope jinx feels well soon. And Christmas is a choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it feels one doesn't have a choice as it is rammed down your throat every where you turn!
      Jinx is improving slowly.

      Delete
  2. Poor Jinxie. I bet she'll start feeling better soon.
    My burst of Christmas tolerance appears to have drifted away into the ether overnight. Twas like a dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is still uncomfortable but doesn't seem to mind being hand fed cold meat and icecream (not together!). It's how I get her meds into her.
      I think there is a lot of Christmas tolerance floating way up in the ether. I wonder if it is a happy place!

      Delete
  3. Up to Melbourne or down to Melbourne? There is no right, is there. I would say down from your place but city bound trains are normally classed as up, so perhaps up is correct. There, another world problem almost solved.
    Yes, big surgery, it will take time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technically it would be across to Melbourne as we are on the same latitude, I believe. At least that's what the BoM map looks like!
      I always get confused with this. I should listen to what the locals say - don't want to stand out as an outsider!

      Delete
  4. Poor jinx. It will be worth it in the end Well I hope so
    Only do what you want re Christmas. I’ve had Christmas’s where I barely put a tree up. Covid being an example.
    There are no rules. Do you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The area is already looking more "normal". Once we have seen the vet today I will be able to relax, I hope.

      Delete
  5. Hope Jinx is feeling better, pets are hard to care for as they cannot tell you how they are feeling. Christmas is going to be a bit different for me, upset about it ----no, in fact I am beginning to like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jinx eating and weeing, even a little, makes me feel much better.

    ReplyDelete