Sunday, 17 December 2023

Seriously, there are some really gross photos in this post so be warned or scroll by.

Jinx's nether regions pre treatment for her resistant bug and then the op.That red area is ulcerated and a vet thought it a good idea to press sticky tape onto that.



This was a couple of days post op (viewed under her tail)

This was this morning. You can see how everything is much cleaner and neater and not red and angry. 


I have dropped one of her pain meds and she is allowed a bit more time out of the cone of shame as long as she doesn't try to lick or nibble. Himself noticed a huge change after not seeing her for two days.

Speaking of Himself. This was him this morning. Apparently it isn't sore. If you can bear to look closely you will see that his eye is closed. The line you can see is the incision.



Remember our bloody magic to and fro with Three? Amy and the girls made this for Himself. He wore it with pride when we went out for coffee and doughnuts this afternoon. He wore sunglasses so as not to scare the children of which there are more and more now that the holidays have started.



One more week and then the silliness of this time of year will be over. I can't bloody wait.




 

13 comments:

  1. Jesus, easier to view dogs nether region than himselfs eye!! Am totally with you re: Christmas. Have my husbands 42yo son who had an affair, wife kicked him out, good for her, but guess where he is. Am making myself sick over this. Four of us for Xmas this year including him, 🤮🤮fucking Xmas. Marie, Cheltenham

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie, you have my sympathy. Fucking Christmas, indeed. People like your stepson need to bugger off and deal with their own shit and not inflict it on others.

      Delete
  2. Poor Jinx! And poor Himself, though at least it doesn't hurt. Love the t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm... that swollen eye reminds me of something but I cannot think what.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr P, I fear your mind might be in the gutter again.

      Delete
  4. And now you have two invalids to look after! Well, sort of. I'm glad that everyone is healing nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor girl. Anything on your lady parts is painful, dog or human. Glad it's healing up nicely.
    It's good to know that surgery for your husband went well and he's not in pain. I imagine I'll need the same one day as my eyelids droop lower and lower and lower:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The eye of Himself looks much worse than it is I guess. The race is on to see if man or beast heals better and faster, with Jinx having a head start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Himself will win. The bruising is fading.

      Delete
  7. A vet put sticky tape on that area? A licensed vet?? How could that possibly help?
    The eye does look pretty bad, but I expect it will heal fast. Good idea to wear sunglasses.

    ReplyDelete