Thursday, 7 December 2023

Things are happening!

Yesterday was the end of year lunch for the coffee group. My anxiety ramped up as it was at a different venue but I went and it was lovely. There will be some catch ups over Summer but we will start again in Feb, I believe. I will probably go to the cafe with a book even if nobody else goes. It's nice to get out of the house.

We went up to the block this morning and things were happening.

This dude was drilling pylons into the fill part to stabilise the ground prior to the slab going in. Or something like that.



The tops are levelled off 


And this shows the machine waiting for another pylon to be attached. 


It was really interesting to watch.

While we were there the plumbers arrived to do their stuff. I came home but Himself spent most of the day watching it all happen. I am not sure if the plumbers will have to go back tomorrow but once they are done nothing will happen until the second week of January when the retaining sleepers will become available - all going well.

I had a lovely day by myself! I did a load of washing, vacuumed the floors, made dinner and did some puzzles all while listening to music up rather loud.

Dinner was rather nice. It was a recipe that popped up on Facebook. Chicken done in the slow cooker with a sauce of soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, chilli flakes and ketchup. It was very easy and made enough for three meals.

Fresh fruit and yoghurt for dessert. I am making the most of the brief mango season.

And this was the view just after sunset.
 

16 comments:

  1. It makes me so happy to listen to music of my choice turned up loud when I'm on my own. The vaccum whizzes round much faster too.
    It all sounds very positive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good music makes even the most boring of tasks achievable!

      Delete
  2. I love how you describe the progress of the building from the viewpoint of a non building trade person!
    That recipe sounds like one from the seventies, very good, forget its name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you suggesting my terminology isn't accurate??!!
      I didn't copy the name when I printed it off but it was very nice and oh so easy.

      Delete
  3. Isn't it wonderful to have a good day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The world is always a better place after a good day.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous sunset ... I tend to be the same with thinking I'd rather not go and then going and enjoying myself. For some reason, we've had multiple things going on that require going out to dinner with people I've never met (husband's work mates). I've was dragged to the first few, but have ended up definitely enjoying myself and was happy to go to the others. Now, of course, all the holiday party invitations are showing up, and I might even partake of a few of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We live a very quiet unsocial life! I think I would end up in a ball under the bed with party invitations!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful sunset! (Or after-sunset!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately it will stop over the Christmas period. But hope ramp up again in the new year.
    Beautiful sunset. Will you have a view at your new home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas always looms as a huge interruption but it will only be a week or so! Once they are up and running again things should happen quickly.
      We will have a glimpse of the ocean but nothing is very far from anywhere here.

      Delete
  7. I doubt tradies like being watched as they work, but too bad. You've already experienced an issue and the build has barely begun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Himself asks questions and they seem happy to share their knowledge. I made it sound like he was stalking them!

      Delete
  8. That final view looks peaceful.

    ReplyDelete