Wednesday, 27 December 2023

What a difference a day makes.



This is more like it! The chairs are on the ferris wheel. The sun is almost shining. Hopefully the weather will continue to improve so the tourists can enjoy their holidays.



Jinx went back to the vet to get her stitches out. We had to give some medication to calm her down so they could do the ECG (which was fine) and then they sedated her to remove the stitches. I didn't want her any more traumatised than she has been already. 

She came home very groggy ...


Himself gave her a bowl of water and Max came over to investigate and give her little get well lick.


I received a redirected (twice) Christmas card from an old nursing colleague. She put her phone number in the card so I rang her. We had a long chat. So much has happened since we last spoke many, many years ago. It was lovely to catch up and even though her life hasn't turned out the way she expected she is positive about it. So many of us can learn from people like her.

Tomorrow the Mermaid arrives. I have no idea how long she is staying but it will be great to see her.

She is super fit and will no doubt do a lot of walking when she is here. I will meet her for post walk coffees!!

I found another bottle of sparkling wine. This one was given to me as a Christmas present from One's inlaws in 2015. It is in a personalised bottle with gold flakes in the wine itself. I had to try it, didn't I? It is drinkable.

There is another bottle in the garage. I will show you that another time.




 

11 comments:

  1. Nice to hear you survived Christmas. Having unopened bottles of wine in store proves you are not an alcoholic. I hope that Jinx is back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinx is back to her old self, thanks, Mr Pud. I shall make sure I always have some unopened bottles of wine in case anyone wonders!

      Delete
  2. I hope you ride the ferris wheel and give us pictures! I love ferris wheels. Sort of like flying in a very controlled and graceful way.
    I know you're going to enjoy the Mermaid's visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked up the prices yesterday and I might just do the wheel. It isn't cheap entertainment but I guess everyone needs to make a living.

      Delete
  3. That's a real friend, welcome even if you don't know how long she's going to stay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is the only friend I would travel with and that says it all.

      Delete
  4. Yes, that's a much better looking sky! Were you affected by the big damaging storms I read about? I guess that's what we saw in yesterday's pictures?

    It's great to re-establish contact with old friends. Enjoy your upcoming visitor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had storms but no damage here but a woman did drown in a flash flood not far from here which is very sad.

      Delete
  5. Poor jinx has been through the wars. Hopefully she will continue to improve and you can put the whole episode behind you.
    We also got some sunshine. But mostly it was cloudy
    I hope the weather starts to improve now without it getting too hot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun is out and the humidity is rising. Can't win!!

      Delete
  6. It does look so much better in the sunshine. I remember bottles of something with gold flakes in it, in my mum's china cabinet with tons of other knick-knacks, the label was German.

    ReplyDelete