Wednesday, 18 September 2024

Stuff

The weather has NOT been helpful so our driveway and fences are still not in. The landscapers haven't been idle, though.

Before ...



After ...


There will be ferns and the like in the beds and if I can find them some staghorn/elkhorn things on the fence. 

I woke up this morning in a deep funk. I felt as if I was at the bottom of a well looking up at the sky and sunshine and just had no desire to get out. I couldn't decide what to have for breakfast (crumpets or toast so I had meusli). 

The internet at the rental ended at midnight and we planned to hotspot our phones except the phone plan we are on (Vodaphone) sucks even though we have a direct line of sight to a tower. Himself had gone up to the house to water the grass seed and I thought "Fuck it. I need to be out of here".

So here were are. Here, not there!

We made sure the animals had all they need including the cushions from the couch we shared.


The dogs were fed ... including the feline dog.


It took them all a while to get settled. There was a lot of exploring and meowing and panting (from Murphy - probably not the best week to reduce his anxiety meds) but as I write all seems ok. In fact I had to stop there to give Max a stroke and a smooch which is a first!

Pizza for dinner (too much effort to cook) and then a settle in in front of the telly.


Tonight we will sleep in our new bed with new linen.




It feels like it's taken forever but here we are. 

Finally.

It already feels like home and we all seem a lot calmer.

16 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic!!!! enjoy! Peta

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cat looks cute trotting along with the dogs, they are so beautiful and rather big...lol...Peta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally!! Yay you. This is a great move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dreamed we had two German Shepherds this morning! They were good dogs. Obviously, you have crept into my consciousness.
    Glorious! You have done it! Can you believe it? I'm sorry you woke in such a funk but if it motivated you to make the move then it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you guys finally moved in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you've made the move! What a relief! I laughed at "feline dog." LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Home sweet home. I hope you all had a good night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Everything is so beautiful! It seems like a fairy tale❤️ Enjoy every minute!! Carol in Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Compared to many home builds, it has seemed quite quick to me. It must be a nice feeling to be there now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did it! You moved in! Now comes the fun part of finding homes for all the small stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought you had two cats?...Peta

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations...it looks wonderful! Wishing you many happy years there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations So happy your finally in Pop a bottle of bubbly and enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations ! Can’t wait to call in sometime. Almost neighbours. Penguin.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, how are you going? Peta

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two weeks tomorrow since your last post. Hope all is well with you all

    ReplyDelete