We weren't going to bother with Christmas this year but Himself kept asking me if I wanted the lights put up. I think he secretly wanted to, so today he hung the the outside and lights and I put the tree up. We bought this one in our old place as it's very festive and requires minimal setting up and even less taking down. The lights change colour. I couldn't get the red ones but you get the idea - and it's not as wonky as it looks here!
The outside lights look amazing and I will get some pics of them in a day or so.
This will be the extent of my Christmas frivolity.
On Thursday I am meeting "Penguin" (a reader who doesn't have a blog) for coffee. I have met blogging mates in the past but always know a bit about them from reading their blogs. I don't even know if Penguin is male or female! I am feeling a tad anxious and haven't told Himself (he will be in Melbourne) as he will probably tell me I am being reckless.
Penguin, I hope you are not a serial killer!
Tomorrow is the cut off date for our ex landlord to send her paperwork supporting her claim through to VCAT and us. I had hoped she would drop it but I am sure she will try her damndest to get money out of us. Not good for my stress levels at the moment.
Added to the stress is the appalling whistling when the wind is up. The builder has told us this is not considered urgent. I would argue that wanting to leave the house because the noise is intolerable makes it urgent but they hold the cards.
And on that note I shall leave this somewhat miserable post and go to bed.
I know I am not the only one who suffers with mental health issues at this time of year. If you are another, know you are not alone.





The house whistles?? How's that again? Sorry this is a hard time for you.
ReplyDeleteSending hugs sweetie.
ReplyDeleteThanks, lovely. I know you know.
DeleteI understand about the feelings that Christmas can bring. It is not easy and can sometimes be horrible. I'm sorry that you, too, have these feelings.
ReplyDeleteThey weren't too bad when the kids were little but as I get older and Christmas seems to be about the other grandparents it gets worse so I try to ignore the season and I haven't decided if that is the right idea!
DeleteI did laugh at your not-a-heading for your post.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry the so-called festive season gets you down, or is it just the misery of the winter months? I hope things improve for you.
I'm intrigued by Penguin. Will s/he turn up in a dinner jacket with starched shirt front and bow tie?
I wish it was the winter months - we are heading into a hot summer here and I don't do heat so that always contributes.
DeleteI did ask Penguin if they would be wearing black and white with a distinctive waddling gait!
Sorry about the whistling! Maybe you need a white-noise machine or something? Our dehumidifier sort of serves that purpose, as does our fan in the summer.
ReplyDeleteI'm not a big Christmas person, but I do enjoy some colored lights at this time of year. Just something to make things a little bit special.
Good luck with Penguin! Report back so we know you're alive. :)
Even listening to pod cast via headphones down the other end of the house didn't help the whistling. Hopefully it will be resolved tomorrow. Of course - it won't be windy when they come!
DeleteYou will be the first to know about my encounter on Thursday.
As long as the. Meeting is in a public place I’m sure you will be fine. How will you recognise each other? The carnation in the lapel? I’m sure I saw that in. Movie once.
ReplyDeleteHow is the house whistling?
Yes Christmas is a very emotional and anxiety filled time of year. I try to concentrate on the positives. Going mental with decorating really does help hope your feeling better soon
I used to be over the top with decorations but am very minimalist now. And they all come down as soon as possible after Christmas although having kids down we'll wait until the New Year.
DeleteI'm sure the meeting with Penguin will be fine. It is very hard to sustain a pretence at being a decent person over an extended period. I wonder if you have an idea as to where the whistling is coming from.
ReplyDeleteWe know it's the windows, Andrew, but we need the installers to fix them.
DeleteHi, hope you feel ok soon...you have had a hard year, with moves, house building, operations etc etc.. we were looking at some new homes and I noticed whistling, I think it was from the air con..or though the roof....Peta
ReplyDeleteOur whistling is windows. It has been a challenging year. I am hoping next year will be calm and peaceful,
DeleteDon’t fret -Very harmless old female penguin!
DeletePenguin again. Hahaha I haven’t told my husband either that I am having coffee with a “stranger”!
DeleteMy favorite blog title! I am trying my darndest to be positive about the holidays but the universe is trying my last nerve. Next year we are leaving town (I say that every year, but I think this time I might mean it). Meanwhile - can't wait for the penquin report!
ReplyDeleteYou need to record that whistling sound so you can play it back when the builders visit if it isn't windy on the day. Then they'll know it needs to be fixed "yesterday". That would drive me nuts if I had to live with it.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your time with Penguin.