Wednesday, 3 June 2026

A quick check in so you know I haven't abandoned you again.


Monday saw the first day of winter and, as usual, it was glorious - until it wasn't!! After sunshine and blue skies we got rain and wind and did I mention the wind?

The bug is still hanging around so after my usual U3A activities in the mornings I have been happy to sit on the couch and knit. 

Tomorrow I will be baking a couple of slices for a funeral the Lionesses are catering on Friday. 

Jinx is showing signs of a UTI so Himself has been tasked with trying to get a urine sample from her that I can drop off to the vet. Or he can. Hopefully whatever the issue is will be quickly identified and treatable. My house doesn't smell particularly pleasant at the moment. I won't go into details but you can use your imagination. Or not, if you're eating.

And on that note I will go and think about pouring a glass of wine and getting dinner on the go.

I will try to be a bit more entertaining tomorrow. Or Friday.




3 comments:

  1. You take such good care of your doggos. I know they must love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite the dodgy subject matter, I always get a laugh out of your posts! Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the surgery was supposed to eliminate that. Poor baby. We all know what a uti feels like.
    Yes winter has arrived with a bang. It’s cold, wet, and windy here.
    The main job today is keeping the fire full of wood.
    Yup I’ve still got it. I’m very croaky, but thankfully I’m feeling better.

    ReplyDelete