Not much happening in my neck of the woods. Just the usual U3A stuff, knitting, housework (don't know why I bother as as soon as I vacuum there is dog hair everywhere again!).
Tomorrow I am up at sparrow's fart to drive to NSW to see Two and his lot. Today I have been packing and washing and faffing around. I'll take a sandwich to eat on the way and some dried fruit and nuts for snacking. If the weather is good I might stop outside Canberra for lunch otherwise I'll just push through stopping for petrol and piddles. Mrs Two will be working over the weekend a bit (something to do with the World Cup broadcasts) so Two and I shall take the kids out on Saturday which should give them the opportunity to run off some energy and I might get a chance to chat with Two. Doesn't happen often. Because Mrs Two will have to have a very early night before an obscenely early start on Saturday I don't expect to see them tomorrow for dinner (maybe a quick catch up if I get up there early enough) so I have bought a butter chicken from Aldi to microwave. I'll just have to hide the packaging as the motel I stay in has an Indian restaurant and I don't want to be rude! The food is lovely but too much for one person so taking my own small serve makes sense.
It's winter and hydrangeas are meant to be dormant and ready for a hard prune but this beauty keeps on keeping on! Next week I will be brutal and cut her back.
I shall take my laptop with me so I might manage a check in while I am away. Depends on how much kid time I get and how frazzled I am after having kid time!

Drive safe and have a great time
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your trip! pictures when you get back, please.
ReplyDeleteYou should ask the Indian restaurant for a small Thali. Most Thali are too big for we slim people. Have a great time with family.
ReplyDeleteMay all of your adventures be the fun sort. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely time away.
ReplyDeleteSafe travels!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy family time and travel safely. Penguin
ReplyDelete