Thursday, 4 June 2026

My day

Himself managed to get a urine sample from Jinx first thing this morning so we drove the 40 minutes to drop it off into the vet for them to check it for a UTI. I rang them this afternoon and no sign of any bladder infection. So we keep going with the hormone therapy and wait to see if things improve over the next week. I still feel something is not quite right with her but we have to tick the boxes to rule everything out. I wish she could talk.

Home to make a couple of slices for a Lioness thing tomorrow. Lemon slice and a cinnamon blondie. Not the prettiest ones I've made but they taste ok. The lemon icing is a bit runny but should set in the fridge.


 

Then it was time to settle down and start the second fingerless glove. I'm not thrilled with the first but I can't just leave it at one, can I? It's the first time I've used sock yarn for these gloves, I usually use DK (or 8ply). My binding off is too tight and it's my fault for being lazy and not looking for the instructions for a looser technique which are on my PC as opposed to my phone. There will be enough yarn left over to knit another pair so I might give the whole exercise a second chance. Or not. Life is too short to swear at your knitting.




All the while I was in good hands with my trusty companion pretending to keep guard. Jinx is the actual guard dog ... Murphy just sits there looking handsome and majestic and barks at the postie's van. The postie now waves when he drives past.


 

8 comments:

  1. The gloves are very pretty. I love the color. The treats look good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that color too. I am so in awe of you ladies who can really, truly knit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 40 mins…get some on line urine sticks easy to test and cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully we won't need them again and if she did have a UTI the vet would need the sample to prescribe antiobiotics. The joys of living in rural Australia. 40 minutes isn't far at all!!

      Delete
  4. The glove looks great to me. I've memorized the super stretchy bindoff because I've used it so many times with socks and gloves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am amused by the postie waving at the barking Murphy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve just been looking at those types of gloves
    The ones that are knit flat?
    I hope you get to the bottom of what’s wrong quickly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are knit in the round. I used the magic loop. Hence the swearing.

      Delete