Saturday, 22 September 2007

Sheba loves her boy.


One is currently, as we speak, right at this very minute on his way to sit his exam as the first step to getting into the fire brigade. He went out last night but didn't get totally shit faced as is usual when he goes for 'a couple of beers' after work on a Friday. In fact, Himself went to pick him up and the three of us went to the pub for dinner and had a really pleasant evening. Today he went to Chadstone and spent rather a lot of money on things he really needed. Two pairs of shoes, a new belt buckle and some socks. And Three's birthday present. After the exam he is going into town to catch up with Three and some others. I'm sure a few more drinks will be consumed.

Two is filming a music DVD all day and half the night. His throat has become worse. He's having difficulty swallowing again. I will have to ring the specialist on Monday and see what's taking so long. He should be on methotrexate by now. Hopefully once things have been sorted out on 3rd October he will be able to settle down and his stress levels will drop considerably.

Three and Tina are a couple again. Young love!!!! I wouldn't go back there if you paid me!

I did a lot of running around today. I needed to get to Medicare to claim a whole lot of doctors' bills. I still have many more but prefer to get cash and you can only claim up to $500 before they send you a cheque. I went to Borders and bought some recipe books. Like I need more of them! Then Himself and I went to the butcher for a couple of pieces of eye fillet - it's only the two of us for dinner. Then we went to Rebel sport and I bought a new bike helmet (blue to match my bike, my iPod shuffle and my shoes!), some bike gloves and a gadget that tells me how fast I'm going and how far I've gone. Today would have been a beautiful day to ride. Hopefully tomorrow will be the same as I've almost talked Himself into coming with me. If not, I'll have to go on my lonesome.

While I was at Chadstone I had a look at clothes. It won't be long before I'll be able to just walk into a shop and pick something because I like it and it looks good rather than just because it fits. I am going to get the style consultant I used earlier in the year to come on a shopping trip with me to help me choose some classical tailored clothes because

I GOT THE JOB!!!!!

The interview was fun. I decided that I wouldn't over stress about it. I had a job that I would be happy to continue with and so relaxed and chatted away to the two interviewers. Embarrassing moment no. 1 was when I had a total mental blank as to the name of one of them who happens to head the entire Infection Control department for the whole health network. Whoops. I was praying I wouldn't be put in a position where I had to use his name. And I wasn't. I was asked the usual questions ... why do you want to work in this area, give us an example of when you have changed your practice and why, and what would you do if you were on an infection control ward round and a nurse came to you with reports that two of her patients were showing symptoms of gastro. I was fine until the last question. I couldn't for the life of me work out what I would do. So I said that I would call Infection Control!!! Apparently that was the right answer. I gave them the names of my referees and went back to work to cover them for lunch. Then Himself and I went and had lunch and one of my referees rang to say that she had been contacted. About 3.30 I got the phone call asking me if I would like the job. My references were 'glowing' and I interviewed well. I start on 15th October.

The start date means that my holiday plans will have to change. I will take the week before off which means I have 5 more shifts in my current position. And my boss comes back from leave on Tuesday and doesn't know anything about this! Himself and I were going to go to Tasmania but don't really have enough time so will look at going somewhere closer to home. Maybe Lakes Entrance again.

I will be working full time and will be earning a lot more money than I am at the moment. It's a 12 month contract and I could be jobless at the end of it but it's worth it for the experience. I'm not sure what the legalities are regarding keeping my existing position open for me. I'll suss all that out next week.

Things will have to change around here. The boys will have to keep things a lot tidier as I will be employing a cleaner. My training will continue. 5.00am every weekday. Hopefully there will be the opportunity to do some fun things at the weekends. Fireman Sam wants to get his hands on Himself. Starting this Monday. At 5.00am. In the park. Himself is rather nervous but I think he'll come along. I really hope that Himself discovers how great it feels to be healthy so that the two of us can share things like bike riding and bush walking and trail running.

You're all up to date, now.

Belinda .... thanks for your comment. I can't get into your blog and the email address you have is old and I can't seem to get into that either!! Not sure what to do. Any suggestions? Anyone?

Oh ... when we went out to dinner last night I wore the jeans that I wore when we went out for my birthday (the ones that I couldn't even get ON not that long ago) and I was looking for a top. I decided to try some jumpers that I haven't been able to fit into for several years but didn't have the heart to throw out. AND THEY FIT!! I wore the same outfit again today. And after Himself and I had been to lunch yesterday we went back to his office to get his stuff and as I was walking towards the glass doors at the entrance to his building I thought they were really badly distorted and kept moving every which way trying to get an accurate image of myself ... only to realise that the much thinner person walking towards them was a) real and b) ME!

I wish I could bottle this feeling and give it away.





3 comments:

  1. Well done on all fronts. New job! Wow! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you! Damn, you have taken control of your life in such a big way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever-puss.
    Really glad to hear you are doing so well...and the new job sounds great. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete