Saturday, 27 October 2007

Two weeks down and it's starting to make sense!

This was one of the views from the bush track down near Lakes' Entrance. It was beautiful.

Work. I am starting to find my groove and we are starting to catch up on the incredible backlog. A lot of the work is clerical. Data collection for government departments on infection rates and the like. But I quite enjoy it and so far I'm not missing the patient contact. I am still in two minds about the full time side of things, especially as we had some lovely days this week and could have played golf with Fireman Sam or gone for a bike ride.

Last night Himself and I went out to dinner. We thought we'd try the pub we used to frequent. After two appalling meals we remembered why we stopped going there. It was beyond mediocre. It was bloody terrible. Himself had the butter fish. It was $20.90 and the piece of fish was tiny and all but inedible. Literally. I had the greek salad and paid an extra $4.90 for bbq prawns. Which were 4 ALREADY COOKED almost shrimp sized things stuck on a skewer and 2 of them had tiny spots where they might have been waved over the grill. The Greek salad was uninspiring to say the least. Too much dressing over tired lettuce with not very nice fetta.

We threw some money at the pokies and left.

Today I bought a skirt. I had to get a size larger than the pants I bought 3 weeks ago (from the same store) but I'm cool with that as I am an odd shape when it comes to skirts and things. I bought two shirts in a size smaller than what I'm currently wearing so that sort of made up for it!! I also bought a pair of shoes, two new bras and a pair of knickers which claim to slim the tummy. It's the waist that's the problem but I'll see how these go. I know there are tummy shapers but they feel like you're wearing amour. I like to be able to breathe.

I also bought a lot of books. And a couple for Christmas pressies.

Then we went to the Apple shop and bought Two some softwear so he can edit in a professional role as he has a couple of things lined up. He can't use student softwear if he is going to make money with it. And he can't be seen to be anything other than squeaky clean. We also bought Himself a new computer. A huge step as he is going from PC to Mac. And we bought One a new laptop for which he was going to pay us back but we decided that as it's to help him freelance we would subsidise like Two's softwear as we have always said we would help any way we could to set the boys up in their chosen careers. Even though One is applying for the fire brigade he will always do some sort of design work. We are turning Two's old room into a home gym so I also bought a docking thingy for the ipods so we can all listen to our own music when training without tangling ourselves up in headphone wires (from personal experience).

And then we went and bought a piece of gym equipment that does lots of things. Lat pulldowns, pec decks, rows, and stuff. With pin weights. The X trainer has been moved in as has the weight bench and the weights. The Piece of Equipment will be ready to pick up early in the week.

A good day!! Expensive but good.

On Thursday night we had a big family dinner as Two and GGF came over. We also had Fireman Sam and Gina over and it was a great evening. Lots of laughs. I guilted Gina into coming training with us on Friday and we had a ball. We are both a little sore today but she is ready to go again on Monday. Tomorrow we are playing golf. Himself, me, One, Fireman Sam, Gina and Steff (a friend of theirs who is also a friend of One). Three was meant to play but has been called in to work for stocktake. We are starting off with breakfast here and then will go and play 9 holes. One, Gina and Steff have never played before so it could be a funny day. Regardless, it will be fun, Himself will be out and moving which can only be good and, hopefully, it will be the start of something semi regular.

Himself took himself off to the doctor and has had a barrage of tests. Blood work, ECG, abdominal ultrasound. He is going back to the GP on Monday for the results. I think he will be told to lose weight, stop drinking and to exercise. I don't know how he will take that advice but I think he is finally scared enough to listen a little bit. He has a referral to a hospital that specialises in drug and alcohol problems and I hope he follows that through. I thought I would never be able to drink again as I was (as you all know) a very heavy drinker. Getting fit and exercising has changed all that for me and I can still have a drink or several just not every bloody night! During a normal week I only drink on Friday and Saturday nights. If Himself can do that as well it will be fantastic. It used to be that we all drank far to much far too often and now it's usually only Himself who drinks midweek. Keep your fingers crossed!

OK. Dinner's ready and there's good stuff on telly.

I'll take some photos soon of early morning training and the new gym room and stuff.

Have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. Good times! I need one of those iPod dock things too.

    ReplyDelete