Wednesday, 31 October 2007

Wednesday ... Yay!!!

I am officially knackered!! This is my third week in the infection control role and I am exhausted.

I have been getting up at 5.00 to exercise and daylight saving started this week so my body/brain thinks it's 4.00 am! But I am enjoying it. I was getting slack and wasn't happy with the way I was going. I don't know if I will ever get back the intensity I had when I first started this but that's OK as long as I keep doing something, the weight keeps coming off and I feel better.

I am missing Two more than I thought I could. We caught up briefly yesterday at the specialists to discuss his ongoing throat issues. He rang me today to say that further investigations have resulted in him starting on a drug which will suppress his immune system which will help reduce the swelling in his epiglottis but could also make him susceptible to other infections and reactivation of the varicella virus resulting in shingles. I would be happier if he were still at home but that is not to be so I just hope he can manage everything.

Golf was great fun. It turned out that Steff couldn't come so Himself, One and Fireman Sam played together and Gina and I played a hole behind them until we joined forces on the 6th. It was a quiet day for golfers and we let those that wanted play through. We started the day with breakfast for all who played and ended up having barbecued chicken and salad for dinner with Fireman Sam, Gina, Three, Tina, One, Himself and me. A lovely family day.

I have tried 3 times to upload a photo but blogger isn't cooperating so you'll have to go without.

I have had a large gin and tonic, a chicken burrito and have the first mango of the season sitting on the bench. Not sure whether to have it for dessert or take it to work tomorrow. Decisions, decisions!

It's also Halloween. This is very much an American festival which they have embraced and celebrated for years. It wasn't that many years ago that it was totally unobserved here but now we get kids trick or treating. At least some of them have made the effort to dress up and I have a bowl of chocolate bars which Three will polish off once the door bell stops ringing.

Tom has another abscess in his ear. He stinks. Oh, boy, does he stink. And he is spending most of his days huddled on our wardrobe floor which is where he goes when bad weather approaches. He is obviously not feeling very well. But he was able to go out in the early hours and kill a medium sized rodent and bring it in to Himself as a present when One and I were up at the park. But Himself didn't show appropriate gratitude and shut the bedroom door and pulled the covers over his head. To which Tom yowled, scratched at the door and put his paws underneath to rattle the door. And then disappeared leaving the beheaded rodent on the floor for me to discover when we got home. I knew there was a reason I have tiles at all the outside doors!

Two more days til the weekend. Hooray!!

2 comments:

  1. Poor Tom! I worry! Take the little hunter to the vet.

    I'm always so surprised when I am reminded that we are on opposite ends of the season. Here you are, looking forward to summer, while I am getting ready to hunker down for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh shit. I can't believe I totally focused on the cat and didn't say a word about Two.

    Poor Two! I worry!

    ReplyDelete