We had 6 lots of people through on Wednesday, 8 yesterday an 19 today. At least 2 families have been through twice and one brought their parents to have a look. They have been looking for a while and this is the first house she has fallen for. This is good as it means they are less likely to buy somewhere else before we go to auction. If they make an offer prior and it's good we will sell before auction.
If not then lets hope that we get at least one other family interested enough to bid on the day.
Now that we are no longer cleaning and fixing and generally stressing over the place we have started looking in earnest at floor coverings and furnishings. All very exciting and the best thing is that we have found furniture that we like that is less than we thought we would have to pay. So it's looking promising for new stuff in the new place.
It's been raining. Normally I would be ecstatic but it does mean that the house isn't being seen in its best colours. But it does mean that those people who came through were keen.
I had hoped to collect my new car (the Gherkin) this weekend but it has been delayed. We are rather disappointed with the salesman for his lack of customer service but with any luck I will have the Gherkin by the end of the week. He said it could be as early as Wednesday but I'll be happy if I get it by the end of the weekend. Phoebe will be going to Two this evening. I had promised it to him and he gets back from Perth this evening and can't manage without a car. Phoebe is more reliable and less thirsty than the car he was driving so I'm happy for him to take it. It will mean that I have to commute with Himself this week. I was thinking of getting personalised number plates " G3RK1N"!! What do you think?
With the rain has come cooler weather. We really don't get much warning that cooler weather is on the way and my wardrobe is lacking in warmer clothes. I shivered through the last few days of last week so went and bought 3 new long sleeved shirts for work and a pair of tracky pants and a hoody for exercising in cooler weather. There was a lovely suit but until I know what's happening with my job I don't want to buy clothes that won't get worn again if I go back into uniform.
The internet connection has just dropped out so I'll save this and post it later.
Ooh. I want to see the new furniture.
ReplyDeleteWhen will the new house be ready? Not for a bit, right?