Thursday, 21 August 2008

A flying visit

I have worked out that I can access this from work so here is a very quick update (but no photos!)

The cats went off to the cattery. Many tears were shed and I miss them so much. The new owners came to do their final inspection which was meant to be just to make sure that the appliances work and there were no huge holes in walls and the like. It should have taken 10 minutes. Well over half an hour later they finally left. It was a nightmare. The wife and her inlaws came and were into everything. Even things that they aren't getting. And they asked for more and more stuff. Even the cheap cushions. She got quite shitty when I said I'd packed them. They got a really good deal on the furniture but wanted to squeeze as much out as they could. I feel sorry for our ex-neighbours.

We then cleaned and cleaned and cleaned and packed and moved and finally, by mid afternoon on the Wednesday we were able to close the door behind us for the last time. Settlement went through on Friday with no glitches.

The rental is lovely. Small but cosy and I've had several walks along the beach.

The new place is coming along well. We were able to get a tiler that works for the builders to lay our tiles and they were delivered today. This will mean we will save some precious days when we finally settle which SHOULD be in 4 weeks. The bank is being a bit silly with the mortgage. We are not borrowing very much at all but they still want to do a walk through valuation and it is difficult to get them access. Himself is dealing with that.

We went to the club last Friday night and stayed with neil and suze. It was lovely. We are going there again tomorrow night.

Three is enjoying staying with One and Fireman Sam but I think will like being back in a place he can call his own. And in his own bed! Two has recovered really well from his surgery and has another camera job in the offing. Fingers crossed that the producers can raise the necessary money to get the project up and running.

I came back to work on Tuesday utterly knackered! I did NOT want to be here and seriously thought about quitting but I did say I would stay until the end of December and I really need to fulfil that obligation. I have another two weeks working 4 days, then a 3 day week, then 13 days off and then back for a 7 day fortnight and then off for two weeks. I will be back on the 22nd October to permanent 7 day fortnights and will decide then whether to leave at the end of December when my contract is up or whether to hang around if there is some part time work available.

The travelling has been great. It hasn't taken me that much longer to get to and from the rental and it will take even less time once we've moved.

And on that note, I'd better go and do some work.

I hope all is well with everybody. I haven't had a chance to check in my favourite places so I have no idea what's been happening with you all.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, poor kitties. I would be devastated!

    Good to see the move went well and the settlement is sorted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have a really hard time with the kitty thing BUT they will be fine (keep reminding yourself).

    It's really happening! I am so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete