Friday, 1 August 2008

How you know your kids have grown up

Two stayed with us until last evening when he announced (after some prompting) that he would really rather be home with GGF and his cat.  I don't think he really felt "home" here at all but didn't want to upset his father and me.  This is good.  I think.  Can someone tell my heart that?

Three has promised he won't leave home just yet.  He is enjoying his time with One and Fireman Sam but is looking forward to the move and has no plans to move out permanently just yet.  *phew*.

Himself is now on 3 weeks annual leave.  Next week I hope he will move the bulk of what's left out to storage.  The following week we will clean up here and move to the holiday place and the final week will be interesting!  There will be nothing for him to do and I will be at work.  I hope he will unwind and relax and walk on the beach and learn to do nothing.  But I'm not holding my breath.

We went to the pub for dinner this evening.  It is probably the last time we will eat there.

Tomorrow we take the cats to the vet for their second shots.  We carted them in gym type bags last time but only have one at home at the moment as Three took one when he moved to One's. I plan to put Sheba (the littlest one - or the bonsai cat) into a chiller bag.  It has a zip and isn't too small.  Is there something wrong with that?

I have a day off on Monday and will do things like getting the mail redirected and contacting the solicitor to make sure settlement is still OK on this place.

This time in two weeks we will no longer own this house and I will be able to relax a bit.  

At least, that's the plan!

2 comments:

  1. So where will you be living permanently ??? Have you bought a new home? How exciting, I too am moving... ah ya know that eh? Derrr..... hope all goes well. Glad Two is well enough to go home to his place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cazza's Heart,

    It is good that Two wants to be home with GGF and his cat. You raised him up so that he would have the confidence to be on his own one day. You don't want to be doing his laundry and cooking his meals when he is in his 30's, right? Also, how sweet it is that he even stayed with you for a couple of nights, all because he didn't want to hurt your feelings. He's a good boy.

    xoxox,
    Miz S

    ReplyDelete