Interviews that is. The one I would like the most is the one I interviewed for today. The only downside is Saturday morning work. Not sure if I talked too much in the interview though! Tomorrow I see someone about doing immunisation for the corporate sector. I should have an idea by the end of next week if I've been successful in any of them. Last Saturday's interview will bring some work but I'm not sure if I really want to do it.
I did NOT like The Lovely Bones. I have heard so much about it and how it stays with you and what a brilliant book .... meh. It didn't do anything for me. Yes, it's an interesting way of looking at how a family deals with a violent death but other than that? Boring. I'm currently reading a book called "How Doctors Think" and it's very interesting. Not just from the doctor perspective but is an eye opener for anyone who works with the public and makes snap decisions on first impressions or preconceptions.
A little gain at WW last week. Not fussed. Not expecting a loss tomorrow either for a variety of reasons. Need to get my head back into the right place but I'm not what I weighed 3 months ago and that is good. The other reason I'm not expecting a loss tomorrow is that I will have to wear 'interview' clothes and they will weigh a lot more than my usual casual gear and sandals.
I cooked a risotto for the first time last night. It was a mushroom risotto off the WW site and it was fantastic. Really, really tasty and filling. Himself wants a risotto again tonight so will have a fiddle with a recipe and see what it's like. Could be an absolute disaster!
Three comes home from Bali on Sunday. He skyped me the other night. Still enjoying himself but a bit homesick and more than ready to come home.
I took Mother to the orthopaedic surgeon yesterday. She will have her knee replacement in a fortnight and it will be a torrid time for all. She has promised to do the physio and not complain if she doesn't get a single room but I think when the time comes and she doesn't get a single (she might but it's unlikely) we will hear about it. And she will find the rehab very, very hard and she doesn't do hard unless she wants to. Here's hoping I'm proved wrong.
Dr. Teacher is having some issues with Mrs Teacher. She is being very unreasonable with the proceeds of the sale of their house (wants the lot!) and unfortunately their kids are seeing sides of their parents that they probably shouldn't. He is trying very hard to ensure the kids do the right thing by their mother but she is not returning the courtesy. They're good kids with their heads screwed on (and they're 18 and 20 this year so old enough to understand a lot) so I'm sure they'll come out of this OK.
I picked up my new specs today. The prescription hasn't changed much but my eyes are aching and my head is, too, so think I'll call it quits for today and go back to my old ones.
And get off the computer!
Oh dear. I'm like your Mother - I don't do hard either unless I want to. But knowing I had no choice made doing the physio a little easier to bear.
ReplyDeleteHere's to successful surgery outcomes. :)
I hope you get the job you want.
ReplyDeleteI thought The Lovely Bones was OK, but a bit too airy fairy, and I hated the end.. I wanted them to find her body.
HA HA I have this evil little vision of you cowering under your table.. the wrath of a KIWI TART eh? lol
ReplyDeleteJust got a wee bit crabby I did. forgive me for sending you scuttling under the table....*smiles*