Wednesday, 27 January 2010

Briefly

I have finished "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and really loved it.  It took a lot to get into it but enjoyed it so much that I'm buying the next book on Friday.  I'm still not really comfortable with the translation ... or maybe it's the editing ... as it does tend to jar at times, but the plot?  Brilliant!  And the characters are beautifully written.

I'm about to start The Lovely Bones and wish I'd read it when it first came out not now that it's A Major Motion Picture!

I had an interview this afternoon.  I think I made a good impression and I think I like the job.  It will be a huuuuuuge step out of my comfort zone but that can only be good.  Right?  I'm hoping to be called back for a second interview in a couple of weeks.

On Saturday I have a tentative interview for a position I'm not really sure about.

And I'm still waiting to hear back from a third organisation to arrange an interview.

We had a lovely barbecue at Two and GGFs place yesterday with her parents, One, Ebs, Fireman Sam and Chippy (a mate of One's).

Weight Watching?  Suffice to say it hasn't been a good week.  Expecting another small gain.  I really need to address the head issues.

And on that note I'm off to start The Lovely Bones.

2 comments: