Saturday, 9 January 2010

Saturday Scorcher

It's soooo hot and is going to get worse.  We bought Two and GGF a portable airconditioner that they will pay off and Himself rigged up a blind so that the sun doesn't hit their big window directly in the late afternoon.  He needs to do one for the office/study as well as Two cannot work in there when it's really hot.

I weighed in at Big W yesterday and lost another 400 gms.  So close to my 10% mark.

After WI I had a massage which was OK.  A lot of money for just an OK massage.  I don't think I'll go back there again.  I also bought a couple of charms for the pandora bracelet Himself gave me for Christmas.  A gorgeous little pig to commemorate starting WW (again!) and a blue morano glass with hearts for the first 5 kgs.  I shall buy one every 5 kgs and a special one when I get to lifetime.  Which I am determined to do this time.

We went to the club for dinner last night and the meal was really nice which is always a pleasant surprise although to be fair I think the chef has found his groove and the food has improved.

One and Ebs stayed at our place last night as their airconditioner has packed up and won't be looked at til Monday.  So we will have them until then I reckon unless the cool change forecast for Tuesday arrives early.  Here's hoping our place stays cool!  We have evaporative cooling which is normally great but does struggle when the temperature soars.

Cold meat and salad for dinner tonight.  I refuse to turn the oven on.  We will bbq tomorrow (for 'we' read 'Himself'!) as the boys and girls will all be over.

I have had a lovely bludgy day.  Too hot to do anything although I would have loved to go for a bike ride.  I might have to get up early tomorrow and go out before it gets too hot.  I have read the paper and done the puzzles, dozed on Two's couch while they put up the screen and am about to settle down with some magazines I nabbed on ebay.

A very pleasant Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a loss.... your next charm is almost within reach! Hope to see the bracelet one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Don't forget to post a pic of the bracelet when you reach goal. :)

    Well done. I've never been dedicated to lose weight, although I complain about it plenty. :D

    It has been hot! Darned heat waves. I love aircon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE watched 'The Lovely Bones' and we ate POPCORN! Didn't feel like dinner after that! lol

    ReplyDelete