Thursday, 7 January 2010

I could get used to this!

My house is clean and tidy and is STAYING that way!  The carpets could do with a vacuum and if it's not too hot this afternoon I'll run them over.  Mind you, I did them on Monday and sometimes they'd go a whole 2 weeks without a vac.  EEW!

Yesterday morning I went for an hour's bike ride and it felt fantastic.  I then cleaned out the fridge and was going to do the pantry but decided to leave it until after next garbage collection day, if you get my drift!  I also did a water change in the fish tank.  The filter needs changing/cleaning but I'll have to get Himself to show me cos a) I'm not tall enough to get to it easily and b) when we bought the thing he took over and set it up and I wanted to take my time over it so I would know what to do in the future.  The instructions ... well, they aren't!

Last night I took a sleeping pill.  The first time in years (it was probably past its expiry date but what the hell!).  I haven't been sleeping well lately and neither has Himself which means if I do get to sleep he wakes me up when he gets to bed and then I'm tossing and turning all night.  I slept very well but did wake up feeling slightly groggy.  Hopefully I will have a good night's sleep tonight without help and all will be right.

This morning I woke up later than usual (see 'sleeping pill') and went for just a half hour bike ride.  I found it easier than yesterday which was so encouraging as it means I'm getting fitter quickly.  There was a bit of a stiff breeze which made riding home a bit of a challenge but I went off the bike track and through the back streets so that, whilst the wind was still there, the roads were a bit smoother to ride on.  And I got to see some of the neighbourhood.

I'm having lunch with Sooz so better get a wriggle on and get showered and dressed.

1 comment:

  1. Gawd... bike riding! I go on my exercycle ... that's enough for me.. riding on the roads is DANGEROUS around here!
    Enjoy your lunch!

    ReplyDelete